We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic weekend in July

Which Cagliari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
111 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic weekend in July

Hi,

Im coming out to Cagliari 8-10 July with my husband (leaving the kids behind!). We have a hire car. Having read the posts, I see that it can be busy...and hot!

Does anyone have any recommendations for places we can drive to? and perhaps beaches? places that maybe quieter ? and anywhere good to eat ?

Many thanks

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic weekend in July

I'm afraid the best advice I can give you is to get on the web quickly and see what's still available. All the best places are likely to be fully booked, and where you go will depend almost entirely on what's available.

Have a look around Villasimius (search this forum for Villasimius and you will find recommendations, especially Loki4's very helpful ones) . discoversardinia.com and charmingsardinia.com would be good starting points.

In Cagliari itself, Il Girasole B&B is very nice. If you base yourself there you can head either east or west (easier) and find great beaches (around Chia and Pula), some very empty even in July, and come back to Cagliari in the evenings and sample the gastronomic delights on offer there.

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic weekend in July

Dear World Voyager,

Sorry I should have said...we have booked B & B ...in the old town...Im not sure where...as the whole trip was meant to be a surprise treat for me...but my husband let it slip...so I know what island/town Im going to, but not the B&B!

Cheers

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic weekend in July

Thanks for your very useful advice! Its reassuring to know there will be somewhere quiet!

Cheers, Gladys

4. Re: Romantic weekend in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 13, 2009