We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General info on Cagliari

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
General info on Cagliari

Now that EasyJet has a new route to this city in Sardinia, is it a good place to go for a short break? How far out of town is the airport and where is a good place to stay?

Mentioned in this post
Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
371 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General info on Cagliari

The airport is onyl about 6kms out of the centre of town so very handy. I am also looking for somewhere nice to stay in June for 2 nights. At the moment I am considering the Mediterraeno.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: General info on Cagliari

Read D.H. Lawrence, The Sea and Sardinia.

I loved Cagliari. I'ts great for two nites, and the Old Town is very interesting. Wonderful Archeological Museum (most important on Sardinia). Not at all a touristy town, as is Alghero. Great restaurants along Via Sardegna, just behind the Port. Hotels? Check out the Bundes Jack Vittoria, on Via Roma, with views over the Port. Good air conditioning (you'll need it!)

Airport Bus runs hourly, costs 67 cents, takes 10 miutes to the bus depot by the Port. There are also frequent and inexpensive buses to the beach resorts to the south (Pula, Chia Laguna) and east (Villasimius, Costa Rey).

Mentioned in this post
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Sardegna Hotel, Suites & Restaurant
Sardegna Hotel, Suites...
496 Reviews
Sardinia, Italy
Pula
Pula
Istria, Croatia
Chia
Chia
Sardinia, Italy
Villasimius
Villasimius
Sardinia, Italy
tralee,co.kerry
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General info on Cagliari

Ended up spending my honeymoon in Cagliari it was so lovely, if you like seafood go to ''Su peche'' just off the port FABULOUS

. I would advise to stay out near ''Poetto'' beach which is only ten mins from the city. The hotel ''Setar'' is fab and very good value. There are a lot of people selling things on the beach but unless you catch their eye they leave you alone which is a relief. Saying though I made my husband splah out on a few nice handbags for me!!!! . The hotel Setar is 5 mins from Poetto carrying on to the left on the motorway, ask to be placed on the right side of the hotel though.JUST ONE FINAL TIP - don't get them to do your laundry because for 3 t-shirts and one pair of shorts and underwear it cost 40 euro!!!!

I advise just throwing them in the case!!!.

Mentioned in this post
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
Hotel Setar
Hotel Setar
311 Reviews
Sardinia, Italy
Poetto
Poetto
2,783 Reviews
Sardinia, Italy