We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Poetto - transport options?

Which Cagliari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
60 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Poetto - transport options?

Hello,

My Wife and I will be travelling to Sardinia next week. We are landing at Cagliari Airport and are staying at Poetto. Can anyone suggest some transport options, ideally with links and approximate prices?

I've tried searching for bus info without much success, and I'm not even sure whether a bus goes from the airport to Poetto itself, or whether you have to change.

Would a taxi be easier? If so, how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Poetto - transport options?

hi

by bus : airport to piazza mateotti center of cagliari ( about 4 euro / 10/15 mins buses leave every half hour)

from piazza mateotti- poetto ( 1 euro Bust number PF or PQ go to poetto )

Taxi from airport is alot easier and will probably cost you around 30 euro

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
60 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Poetto - transport options?

That's great thank you - will the price for the taxi be per person or in total? I only ask as I looked at an airport transfer and was quoted £30 per person, making a £60 one way trip that seemed a bit steep to me for what looks a shortish journey.

Are there any taxi firms that are better than others?

London
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Poetto - transport options?

no it wont be as much as that . I am guessing 30 its 20 euro from the airport to town and the cost per km is 0.90 or 1.30 depending on the time and place.

The cabs are strictly regulated so when you get a licenced cab you should be ok.

the cabs are white just make sure you get in a cab with a TAXI sign and number on the door...there were a few chancers in white cars posing as taxis last year..just be aware

Edited: 10:28 am, May 13, 2011
4. Re: Airport to Poetto - transport options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 17, 2012