We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A short stint

Which Cagliari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
3 posts
Save Topic
A short stint

We're off to Sardinia for 5 nights over Easter and were wondering what would be a good itinery? We're flying to Alghro, but wondering if it's worth heading down the coast or going to Cagliari for a couple of night. Or does Alghero have enough to offer?!

Any suggestions?

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,416 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A short stint

If you haven't already booked your accommodation for Easter, I am afraid your intinerary will be very much determined by what is available. Not only will many places still be closed for the season, those that are open are likely to be heavily booked.

Personally, if you can find accommodation, I would stick to the north of the island if you have only 5 days. Lots to see and do, and you can do daytrips from Alghero.

Alghero
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A short stint

Jo099,

If you are only here for 5 nights, there seems little point in leaving Alghero, particularly at Easter, when there is a great deal going on - unless of course you have left it too late to get in anywhere.

Take a look at the TripAdvisor Inside Pages for Alghero, you will see tthat it has a lot to offer:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187880-s1/Alghero:Sa…

Why not fly into and try Cagliari next time?

Good Luck.

yorkshire, uk
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A short stint

We are off to alghero over easter too. I can assure you alghero has it all! If the weather is good, then you will have a great time. Loads of shopping, cafe's, marina and beach all within walking distance. The shops may be closed over the weekend though, but i'm sure there will be plenty to do. Cagliari is a very long drive! Fingers crossed for the weather.

4. Re: A short stint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 28, 2009