We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

Which Alghero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

We will stay a few days in Bosa for quiet recreation mid October . I wonder if it is usually pleasant to take a leisurely swim there. We must pack very lightly, so don't want to take any more than necessary.

Thanks!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

The short answer is no.

alghero
Level Contributor
469 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

Hi. If you are lucky weather can be good until the early days of november. Water can be cold but a swim is possible. In that period you will find beaches basically empty and can enjoy in total relax as few locals go to the beach in mid october. Bosa can be a bit colder than Alghero, but I would take a swimming suit with me anyway ;)

massachusetts
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

Thanks for your advice. I guess I'll tuck in my swimsuit but be prepared to settle for wading. It will be wonderful either way, I'm sure!

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

Core sea temps in October are similar to late May / early June.

Obviously temps in the shallows are far more variable and dictated by the current days sunshine & local water depth.

In other words , if its warm (ideally sunny) and settled the sea temps are fine for swimming here until early Nov.

ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

Had a swim yesterday the water was lovely waves great and sheltered area too a beautiful beach

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

Not Bosa but I've been swimming in late Oct in Badesi no problem. The locals think you're bonkers but for any Brit or Northern European its positively balmy

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

Not Bosa but I've been swimming in late Oct in Badesi no problem. The locals think you're bonkers but for any Brit or Northern European its positively balmy

8. Re: Is sea at Bosa warm enough in October to swim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Alghero