We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sardinia in Mid August

Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sardinia in Mid August

we are arriving in Mid August and we have hired a car,

we havent booked anywhere to stay yet!!

but we are looking at the possibility of bed and breakfast in different places so we can see as much as possible in a week!

has anybody else done this, and can anybody recommend certain areas/ and places to stay?

we are on a budget as we are both single parents,

thanks

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,059 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sardinia in Mid August

Yes, it's very possible. Look in particular at Agriturismi outside the main centres.

However, you have chosen the most expensive and crowded time to go, and I would noy leave it too long to book.

Where are you flying in to? That will affect where you go. Don't try to do too much in a week. Sardinia is bigger than it looks, and it can take longer than you would expect to get between places because the roads can be pretty basic and twisty!

Lincoln UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sardinia in Mid August

were flying into alghero, and picking up car at the airport,

so possibly staying in and around the NW of the Island the nw of the island,

the possibility of staying somewhere outside the main centre is looking more appealing!!

am franticially looking up B and b's! in case they get booked up!

thanks for your reply

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
16,059 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sardinia in Mid August

Well I would say either the west, which takes in Alghero and could include Cagliari, or the north, across to the Maddalena islands and the northeast coast. Save the eastern mountainous area for another trip.

If you google agriturismo sardinia or sardenga you should come up with quite a few options.

I would suggest that you first find accomodation in various places and then base your itinerary on what is cheapest and available.

Get answers to your questions about Alghero