We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sardinia advice

New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Sardinia advice

I'm traveling to Alghero in early October for 5 nights and would like to stay in the old town for less than $125/ night. Single, older gal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Followed by a few nights, I think, in Cagliari, and I'd appreciate quaint recommendattions there as well.

Flying in and flying out; not renting a car. That's why I've chosen these two spots. Open to other suggestions. 8 nights in all.

Mentioned in this post
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
Sardinia
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sardinia advice

Hi juniemoonie

i can suggest you a nice new appartment in old town with the best sea view

you can find on

booking.com/hotel/…

Regards

Alghero, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sardinia advice

Greetings from sunny Alghero!

great choice of choosing the Old Town for your accommodation in October! as long as you do not want a car and that you are travelling alone, the Old Town is the best.... you will find there a nice and comfortable room, fantastic restaurants, history and culture, and most of all you will be close to everything.

In October your single room will cost around 40-60 euros, breakfast included.

Contact Alghero Concierge for free assistance.

I am sure you will enjoy Alghero very much!!

Valeria

Mentioned in this post
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sardinia advice

Thank you so much for your responses. Sorry for the delay!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sardinia advice

Hotel San Francesco in Old Town Alghero could be perfect for you. Read my review on this website.

In Cagliari, Sardinia Domus has gotten some good reviews, and is superbly located in the center of town, on a very nice street, although I have not stayed there myself.

Both hotels are steps away from public transportation (including the bus depot/train station in Cagliari)

Do you need the intercity bus schedules?

Edited: 8:48 pm, August 23, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Hotel San Francesco
Hotel San Francesco
162 Reviews
Sardinia, Italy
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sardinia advice

Thanks so much; I've spent the past few nights doing research and I see smaller B&B's filling. I will look into your suggestions right now, but wonder if you've heard of La Terrazza Sul Porto in Alghero or La Ghirlanda in Cagliari?

I'm thinking of taking the airport bus from Alghero to Piazza Matteotti in Cagliari...it looks like it will work.

Mentioned in this post
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,834 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sardinia advice

Don't know those particular properties.

The direct airport bus from Alghero Airport to Cagliari bus depot would work quite well.

Mentioned in this post
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Cagliari
Cagliari
Sardinia, Italy
7. Re: Sardinia advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 08, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Alghero