We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alghero accommodation

Which Alghero hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester, Essex
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alghero accommodation

Can you help. I seem to have been offered a very 'attractive' deal for a weeks stay at the Hotel Porto Conte in Alghero, but can't find any reviews for it.

Does anyone know anything, other than what is on their website, about it?

I am travelling with my husband and 3 year old daughter at the end of May.

Otherwise, can anyone else suggest a reasonable hotel, very close to beach with pools, close to Alghero airport, or at least no more than 20 mins taxi ride away?

Many thanks

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,414 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alghero accommodation

You can certainly do better than the Porto Conte. The only thing it really has going for it is its small private beach and pool.

The problem is it's in the middle of nowhere. You are much better off staying in Alghero itself. There are far more amenities and greater choices of restaurants. (At the Porto conte, unless you have a car, the hotel restaurant is reallythe only option.)

If you want a pool, see what kind of deal you can get at the Florida. Otherwise try the Alma. They are both right on the beachfront.

Otherwise if you are there a week you could rent a flat.

As for getting from the airport, the AA local bus is an alternative to a taxi, which will run you around €20.

Colchester, Essex
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alghero accommodation

Thanks WorldVoyager, I shall do some more research.

Regards

Denmark
Level Contributor
2 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alghero accommodation

You should go and eat at one of the very local restaurants near the airport of ALghero. They have good food and lots of it. Very rustic and not fancy at all, at a good price. I remember a place called: Agroturismo Coreddu (or something close Curreddo?) I have send friends there they loved it. Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Alghero