We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sardinya Rent a Car?

E G
Vancouver
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Sardinya Rent a Car?

Anyone have any experience with Sardinya Rent a Car?

autonoleggiosardinya.com/rent_a_car_sardinia…

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
2,783 reviews
1. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

I've reserved a car with them for a week this June. It was the only rental car company I could find on Sardinia with a drop-off at Santa Teresa Gallura, which we needed. All went well with the reservation process. The company came highly recommended on this forum. You should be able to find additional feedback by using the search function.

E G
Vancouver
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

Thanks. I searched, but sorted the results by date, not relevance and missed the other postings.

Sorry for the board clutter.

Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
3. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

Beware of car rental scams, small local companies such is " Ruvioli " rent a car Sardinia , because they tend to rip customers off and pull your pants down over extra costs for cleaning, extra insurance, extra day if you enter parcheggio 10 minutes late etc. The guys who work there act like mafiosi, terrible

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
2,783 reviews
4. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

This is a follow-up to my May post when I noted that we had reserved a vehicle with Sardinya Rent a Car in June. We picked up our car at the Cagliari airport and returned it one week later in the town of Santa Teresa Gallura. The agency reps whom we interacted with were friendly and professional. At the airport, the rep explained that cars were sometimes returned with a dirty interior -- lots of sand from beaches, stains, etc. -- and that this drop-off condition would incur an extra cleaning cost. He also explained that there would be no "grace period" for returning the car beyond the agreed duration of rental. We incurred no cleaning charge and met the agreed drop-off time. We received our vehicle in excellent condition and it served us well throughout our trip. I highly recommend Sardinya Rent a Car.

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

Hello Rumples, we too are going to St T (although from Olbia) - may i ask for how long did you rent the car and what was the daily rate please?

Thankyou.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,414 posts
2,783 reviews
6. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

We rented our car for one week. The daily rate varies, based on the type of vehicle selected and the extras, if any, selected. Go to the website given by the OP and you can determine what your rate would be, based on what you want.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
233 reviews
7. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

Just wanted to add a thanks for this post and to Rumples for following up after the rental for the positive review We are heading there in a few weeks and looking to hire a car, Sardinya is the cheapest so far so looking like the best option. THANKS!!!

Cagliari, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

The rental price is notified immediately, you have paid immediately and you wwere informed of the extra costs at the begining of the rental . The rent a car, where you booked , at a lower price, has not provided the service you. We are sorry that you were getting bad. To your knowledge, we live in Sardinia and we have other forms of crime, the Mafia is a movement of liberation from the Bonaparte's domination . I would urge the exceedingly has limited the next time the facts without offending people with names that harm our nation identifying it with the criminal system. the extremely urge to return to use our services and we would be extremely happy to have you back as a customer, greetings Luca Ruvioli P.s next time signed your complain

Edited: 5:50 am, April 28, 2014
Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

I rented a car for 7 days in September 2014 (Cagliari Elmas Airport), smooth transaction without problems. The staff was nice & helpful, the car was in *mint* conditions. I actually booked a car with Hertz previously but once I realised I couldn't use my debt card to pay, I had to cancel it and look for a smaller company with some less strict policies - the guys at Sardinya accept also cash payment, which is what I was looking for. Would surely use them again in the future.

(not affiliated, just a happy customer)

Enkhuizen, The...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Sardinya Rent a Car?

Hej, hej, Sardinya blocks 2000 eur excess on your credit card, right? Are they reliable in unblocking it when you return without problems?