We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 3 days in Sardinia in October - what are MUST to see?

Norway
Level Contributor
31 posts
358 reviews
Save Topic
Only 3 days in Sardinia in October - what are MUST to see?

Hello, I just booked tickets for a long weekend in Sardinia in mid October. My husband and me arrive to Elmas airport on Friday at 10 am and leave again on Monday at 11 am. We would like to rent a car to get some impression of this beautiful island. After reading this forum and some articles about Sardinia, I am really not sure where to go. My idea was to make a roundtrip and sleep three different places, the last night in Cagliari or close to, so we do not need to stress too much on Monday morning when heading back to the airport. I do not want to depend my itinerary too much on a beach weather, in case the weather is not good, but on the other hand, as we are from Norway, any weather in Sardinia will be tropical summer for us. Could you please give me some ideas, what are MUST to see when in Sardinia? Maybe an idea about some nice scenic route from place A to place B, possible stop on some nice beach etc. Thank you very much for your help! Greetings from currently -22C. :-)

Olbia
Level Contributor
612 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 3 days in Sardinia in October - what are MUST to see?

With only two and a half days there is no much you can see other than Cagliari itself. I could advice to visit Costa Rey, one hour drive from Cagliari, or visit the archeological site of Nora in Pula, but by doing so you will be missing all the beauties of Cagliari.

2. Re: Only 3 days in Sardinia in October - what are MUST to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 24, 2014