We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to see Sardinia in Easter

Denmark
Level Contributor
475 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Planning to see Sardinia in Easter

Hello and greetings from Denmark!

I would like to visit Sardinia next Easter.

I am pleased to see, that there are not only buses but also trains that can take me around the island as I don't drive myself.

I would like to see how Easter is celebrated there. Is there any city/town which is particularly interesting to visit in that particularly period?

Thanks for your patience !-)

Best regards

Oscar

Bosa
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to see Sardinia in Easter

Easter is a wonderful time to visit Sardinia - not only is the weather pretty ok, but the rituals for "La Settimana Santa" are amazingly evocative - there are many processions and re-enactments of the crucifixion, deposition from the cross, finding the tomb empty etc. I am not religious but I find it very moving. However I think the greatest determining factor for where to stay will be to do with transport rather than which places are the most interesting. The transport network is not so easy as you may think - quite infrequent and not very widespread, although most major towns have links - and of course nothing will be running on major public holidays (eg Easter) so you need to plan carefully. Alghero may be a good place to base yourself as the celebrations there are famous and it is well connected. As always, Google is your friend.... the Italian word for Easter is Pasqua.

Denmark
Level Contributor
475 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to see Sardinia in Easter

Thank you very much for your reply!

I received a guide of Sardinia last Friday and the book says " ... there is an extensive an efficient network of buses and coaches..." :-)

What you are telling me regarding the processions is exactly what I wanted to hear but if I am stuck in one city because there is no public transportation in Easter then that could be a problem. I will try to find some timetables to see how "bad" it can be...

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers

Oscar

3. Re: Planning to see Sardinia in Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 21, 2013