We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help please??

basildon
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
help please??

My husband and I are looking for a relaxing few days holiday at the end of october, and are hoping that Sardinia is the place for us.

We want somewhere hopefully of historical interest, relatively warm, with plenty of shops/markets, beaches are not essential but a nice harbour or seafront of some description would be nice.

We would also like to be within easy striking distance of an airport that is used by no-frills airlines, for we are getting sick of long haul transfers.

Any ideas???

1. Re: help please??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:00 pm, August 27, 2010
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help please??

I think you should investigate where the airline(s) you want to use fly to, it would be easier for you than anyone else as you presumably know which airport you would be using: look at its website for destinations served However, Ryanair flies from Stansted to Alghero, and Alghero would fit the bill with respect to historical interest, shops, harbour and nearby beaches.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,595 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help please??

Sardinia has stunning beaches, but Sicily is a much better match for you....

Sicily or Sardinia?:

tripadvisor.com/…7386561

Vagabonda

basildon
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help please??

Now that it is the million dollar question.

Sicily or Sardinia?

At the moment am more drawn to Sicily, to be honest it has to be Italy, have visited the country before and love it to bits but have never been to Sicily or Sardinia. Have also considered Venice but feel that could be a bit chillier at the end of October so will leave that for next summer.

Decisions, decisions...

Will get back to you soon with which way I was finally swayed.

5. Re: help please??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, February 25, 2011