We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

Can someone please tell me how I can get from Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura on 5 May in time to catch a ferry which leaves for Corsica at 3.10 pm? I've looked at bus timetables, and can find buses going from Alghero to Sassari, but I can't find any information about getting from Sassari to Santa Teresa! (Digitur seem to provide a service from Alghero airport all the way to Santa Teresa, but as far as I can tell it only operates from June to September) Please help! (And will I need to book the ferry in advance?)

SorsoDebs
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

Hi

You can get a bus from Sassari to S. Teresa below is a link to the ARST website.

http://arst.sardegna.it/index.html

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

I've tken this bus in the opposite direction (with a connection in Sassari), so I know it can certainly be done. There are only a handful of buses between Sassari and ST Gallura, so choose carefully,

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

Many thanks for this - I've checked the ARST website and it seems that I can do this trip by bus in one day - but I'll need to catch a later ferry (Moby Lines, 7 pm). Is it necessary to book the ferry in advance when you don't have a car?

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

No ,you don't need to book the ferry in advance.

SorsoDebs
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

I would recommend checking the times when you are in Sardinia, just to make sure they have not changed. You do can this where you buy your tickets and a return ticket is normally cheaper.

6. Re: Alghero to Santa Teresa di Gallura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 27, 2010