We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ste Teresa Gallura What a great place!

UK.
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ste Teresa Gallura What a great place!

I've just returned from a week's stay in Sardinia and I have to say that after covering most of the upper Northern part St Teresa Gallura is the best for me.

You immediately have a good feel about the place and it's surroundings. There's a lovely piazza there with all sorts of bar's cafe's and restaurant's. Just down the road within easy walking distance was our favourite eatery Restaurant Thomas especially if you like seafood. We stayed at Hotel Ancona a small personable hotel in town which was quite adequate and very clean and very reasonably priced. They also serve up a good breakfast but don't expect a cooked one, it is typically Sardinian and substantial.

There is a really lovely beach there with a fortress to the side. As you drive South along the coastal road there are numerous lovely bay's in amongst the rugged coast, you will also see some kite surfing going on in place's as the conditions are very good.

The sea is unbelievably clear and in place's it remains quite shallow until you are a fair way out.

We also did Bosa, Alghero, Stintino and Costa Smerelda which were also nice in their own way.

From Ste Teresa Gallura you can also get a ferry across to Corsica, the journey only takes an hour and doesn't cost much. It is a must especially if it's a nice sunny day.

What I saw of Sardinia is very unspoilt, hopefully it will stay that way.

Virginia beach VA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ste Teresa Gallura What a great place!

I love St Teresa!!! But the only thing was next time you go you really need to stop at Terme Del Porta it is a spa about 2 minutes from the corsica ferry port. Instead of taking the right to head back to town go straight and take the next right. I went and it was SO nice to just relax. I don't work for the spa i just really enjoyed it. They have everything a spa should have! Quite a way to spend an afternoon.