We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Faeto

Which Foggia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Faeto

Traveling to Italy in October, looking for a hotel in Foggia that is near the town of Faeto. We would appreciate a recommenation.

Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Faeto

May follow in your footsteps. Let me know what successes you have as well as failures!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Faeto

We visited Faeto on October 7, 2011. My father was born there. We rented a car at FCO with a GPS and drove to Lucera where we stayed at the Hotel Sorriso. We were very pleased with the hotel.

It was a 30 minute drive to Faeto. The highway was decent for most of the way. I did not believe the GPS towards the end, and had to manage some dirt roads. My mistake. Next time I will trust the GPS before myself.

We stopped at the Comune in Faeto, and the lady at the desk assisted with finding the street where my father was born. I provide her with his date of birth. She found his name in her record book. It was difficult to find the street, but people in the village were very helpful in finding the location. Some were very interested in why we traveled to Faeto, and how we heard about the village. It was very helpful that my wife could speak Italian.

It was a great experience to see where my father was born. Priceless!

3. Re: Hotel near Faeto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, July 19, 2013