We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see in Brindisi

Brindisi, Italy
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What to see in Brindisi

One day in Brindisi across its principal monuments ...

Brindisi, Italy
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Brindisi is a small city, referring to its number of citizens, that insist on a wide area because of its particular geographic location.

I’ll introduce you a one – day trip (by foot) focused on the monuments of the city centre. (There is much more to see but you’ll ned at least a week-end).

First of all go to the “tourist office” on Lungomare Regina Margherita. There you’ll find a map, information, etc…

The most important monument of Brindisi is “The columns of the end of Appia street” always on Lungomare Regina Margherita. Stop at the top of the scale step and look at the sea. On your right the house of Virgilio (the writer of the ENEIDE) where lived and died in 19 B.C..

Opposite the columns, on the other side of the sea, there is another big monument “Il monumento al marinaio d’Italia” (dedicated to the Italian saylor who died during the war). You can reach it by a boat and go on the top floor looking a great landscape.

Moving toward the city centre you’ll arrive in Piazza Duomo with its Cathedral, and the MAPRI museum (absolutely to see).

After that, with a 2 minute walk you’ll find the enormous “Teatro Verdi” that was built on the old roman town. You can see the old town in the moorning (absolutely to see).

Don’t miss Palazzo Granafei-Nervegna with its continuos exhibition and enjoy living and expecially eating/drinking what Brindisi can offer.

Let me know if you need some more informations about Brindisi. I’ll be glade to give them to you!!!

Brindisi, Italy
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Welcome everybody!!!This forum aims to explain what to do and see in the city of Brindisi. Do not esitate to ask!

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Are there any private tours that can be booked to do an "olive tasting"? I can book one through our cruise line but always feel they charge to much and would prefer to book on our own. Any other suggestions on what to do for a few hours in Brindisi? Thanks - travelgirl

Brindisi, Italy
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Hi travelgirl,

what about the city tour I've wrote at the beginning of this forum. I think it is the suitable solution for you! You can look at this link for further information about what to do in Brindisi.

www.comune.brindisi.it/turismo/index.php…

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Hello,

We have one day in Brindisi on a cruise.We have not been to this area of Italy before so are unsure whether to stay in Brindisi or to take a tour to Alberobello or Ostuni ?

If we decide to go to Santa Maria del Casale - is it far and what would be the approximate cost by taxi ?

Many thanks in advance for any replies/advice

Brindisi, Italy
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Santa Maria del casale is one of the best church/monument Brindisi have. Besides it is not it the center of the city and you'll have to take a taxi (about 20 euros more or less) to visit it. I greatly recommend to spend your day visiting the city center anf following my small guide above. Have a look at the link above attached and you'll find everything you need about what to do in town. Alberobello and Ostuni are 50 and 30 km far from brindisi. You will pay to go there instead in Brindisi you can ask for a guide for free (until 28 of august) and the guide its me. The difference between Brindisi and the town you mentioned is that Brindisi is on the sea, with its roman port and its really hold story, alberobello in in the beautiful country very tipicalbecause of "trulli", Ostuni, the "white town" it beautiful too, on a hill overlloking the sea. The only problem could be that this two town are very small and maybe you could noise, Brindisi have several monuments, museums and much more...You have only to choose.

England
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Hello,

Many thanks for your helpful advice.It is very kind of you to offer to be our guide but ,unfortunately, our cruise is not until November.

Is it usually still warm in November in Brindisi ?

Kind regards from England

Brindisi, Italy
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to see in Brindisi

It depends. Two year ago at Xmas day it was 21 degrees celtius....I will be in november too in Brindisi so let's stay in touch and I'll be happy to be your guide or to give you important information about Brindisi and it's surrounding area. Do not esitate to ask for any further informations.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: What to see in Brindisi

Hi,

would you recommend a trip to Brindisi in early January?

Do you think it is worth to go to southern Italy this month? Does is rain a lot? I dont care about the cold but the rain...

Thanks a lot!

Brazilian traveler.

Brindisi, Italy
Level Contributor
228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to see in Brindisi

HI,

usually in south of Italy does not rain very much! Then I can't give u totally assurance that you'll find 20° and could have a swim. I definitely recommend coming to puglia and brindisi every day of the year. Beiginhos