We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Bari to Rome

Which Bari hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from Bari to Rome

Hi,

Is taking the bus from Bari to Rome is a better option ? How long it takes? Does anybody know the time schedule?

Thanks a lot.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Bari to Rome

Don't know about bus but think it would take around 5 hours, fast train is 4 hours 39 euro, or Intercity train 6 hours 15 starting at 9 euro. Or fly in 1 hour with Ryanair from 20 euro or Alitalia from 57 euro.

I'm doing a similar trip in August flying from Brindisi for 30 euro

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: from Bari to Rome

Hi,

The intercity also operated by Trenitalia ?

Thanks

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from Bari to Rome

Yes, it is.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
132 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Bari to Rome

Not a reply, sorry, just another question. Do you know if it's possible to take these trains directly from the Rome airport or do you have to go into the city? I would love to fly SEA-Rome and take a fast train at the airport to Bari as i don't want to go into Rome on this trip.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
132 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from Bari to Rome

If I book a SEA-Rome flight, how easy is it to get a flight to Bari once I arrive at the Rome airport? How does one do this? An alternative is to take a fast train but do I have to go into the city to catch that or can I take it directly from the airport? I really don't want to spend any time in Rome on this trip as I'm wanting to get to Bari and explore Puglia as easily and quickly as possible. I could book a SEA-Bari ticket but that's a lot more expensive and involves layovers that I don't particular want. So any advice would be much appreciated!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,575 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: from Bari to Rome

No, there's no direct long-distance train travel from FCO. To take a train to Bari, you'd have to go into Rome and catch a train from Termini.

Alitalia is the only airline to fly directly FCO to Bari. To fly a separate flight that's not through-ticketed, you'll assume all the risk for delays or missed flights. If you do go this route, at least leave yourself several hours cushion at FCO going to Bari and absolutely make sure you fly back to FCO the night before your transatlantic flight home. (Yes, that means staying in or near Rome a night.)

I would opt for the train and probably just go for the walk up fare going to Bari. Again, I would prefer to be close to Rome for the return flight home.

7. Re: from Bari to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2015