We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy with pleasure tours

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Italy with pleasure tours

Has anyone taken their Puglia tour?

We typically travel on our own but are considering this company.

43 replies to this topic
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

We took their Puglia tour in June this year. We usually travel on our own but as we are now in our 70s we no longer want to hire a car, nor do we want to join a large coach tour with 40 or so other people. We had a great trip with Malcolm and Antonella who run Italy with Pleasure. There were five of us in the group (ourselves, a couple from New York and a woman from London). We travelled around in a very comfortable Mercedes people carrier accompanied by either Malcolm or Antonella, plus our driver.

The tour was done at a comfortable and relaxing pace visiting many interesting places and gaining great insights into life in Puglia and the history of the area. Top highlights for us were Matera and Trani.

The tour is very food oriented which is what we wanted. We visited an olive grove and a vineyard, did a wine tasting and had a cooking lesson at a masseria. On several days we had long lunches (typically four courses) lasting late into the afternoon. Every restaurant was excellent with superb food and wine.

At the end of the week's tour we took the train to Lecce and spent four days there on our own. This gave us chance to explore Lecce some more and visit Otranto and Gallipoli on the coast using public transport.

Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

Thank you so much. Did you stay in the hotel or the diffuse hotel ?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
111 reviews
3. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

We stayed in the hotel (Park Hotel San Michele). It's only a 10-minute walk to town centre. We wanted to stay somewhere with outside space and we enjoyed the garden and swimming pool when we had free time. We were glad we had paid extra for a superior room - a nice large room with balcony overlooking the garden. Breakfasts were nothing special (lots of cakes and pastries) but you could ask for an omelette. Staff were friendly and helpful, particularly once the large groups had departed for the day.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

Thank you

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
5. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

I have just returned from the Italy with Pleasure trip to Puglia and only have praise and good things to say about how wonderful it was. The places that we visited were fascinating and very unique, and the food and wine was delectable. I didn't know what to expect of the trip, but it more than fulfilled any hopes that I had for a great week. Everything was well organised and the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. I can thoroughly recommend the trour. Jan

Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

Your marvellous holiday has left me with wonderful memories of beautiful towns, food and people. Your itinerary is so well balanced it covers all the senses. I loved being based in Martina Franca and not packing and unpacking everyday to move on so that was great and will form my next holiday plan.

I thought you both had enormous charm and in depth knowledge and were easy talking to us, I know older generations can be difficult to relate to but you both handled this well.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you to friends and hopefully I will join you again for a tour elsewhere in Italy.

I am missing the architecture, food and landscape already and would love to return.

Our last night at the cook school was a magical end to a wonderful holiday

Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

yes I have just returned from my tour and cannot praise it enough. I wouldn't hesitate to join them again.

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

Wow, it is wonderful to hear all this. Did any of you stay in the diffuse hotel?

London, United...
1 post
9. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

Yes, my wife and I took the tour in September 2015, it was very good. We stayed in an apartment in a medieval town centre which made us feel part of the community. The tour group was quite small, 8 people all delightful. We were driven to some very interesting towns and other sites, where guides introduced us to the art and history. We visited a vineyard, olive grove and a sort of cookery school. The tour was full but not too intense so we felt we had enough time to enjoyed the excellent food and wine which were highlights of the tour for us. I wholeheartedly recommend this tour.

Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Italy with pleasure tours

Thank you

Reply to: Italy with pleasure tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted