We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa holiday in May - swimming pool?

Surrey
2 posts
Save Topic
Villa holiday in May - swimming pool?

Can anyone who has been on a villa holiday in Puglia in May offer me some advice please? We are travelling with toddlers and wondering if it is worth paying the extra money for a heated pool? If you did stay in a Trulli in May were you able to use the unheated pool, or was it too cold? I know weather is unpredictable etc etc. But just trying to get an idea! Our travel dates are 25th May - 1st June. Many Thanks!

Martina Franca...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa holiday in May - swimming pool?

Firstly it depends where you are. Near the coast or in the hills. Very quickly in parts of Puglia you are at over 1,000ft which has a fairly dramatic effect on night time temps. It then depends on how hardy you and your family are. We have friends that swim in their pool up here in Martina Franca from the middle of April but personally I wouldn't go near a pool till it is 24C . May is a funny month weather wise 2011 was gorgeous whilst last year was warm but cloudy, still normally towards the end of the month it has got itself sorted out.

Given the price of gas, oil and electricity are double that of the UK I would probably want to know more about the "heated" pool or the surcharge must be huge. Years ago we looked at about €100 a degree.

Remember in Cyprus querying where the pool heating equipment was and the owner pointing to the sun in the sky.

2. Re: Villa holiday in May - swimming pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 am, March 01, 2013
3. Re: Villa holiday in May - swimming pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 27, 2014