We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiring taxi or driver/guide to drive 2 persons from Vicenza

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hiring taxi or driver/guide to drive 2 persons from Vicenza

My husband & I were thinking of hiring a taxi or private driver/guide to take us from Vicenza through Padua (where we want to go to the Giotto chapel) and then through to Venice, possibly making a stop at one of Palladio's villa's nearby. This would be for the duration of one day or less. We would take the train and make this journey by train except that we have luggage with us and don't think lugging this around is a good idea and I'm not sure about being able to check it at the train stations. How do we go about finding a driver? How much should it cost to do this? Is there a better way of doing what we are hoping to see? Is it possible to do this within the period of a day comfortably? Any advice on the matter?

Many thanks in advance

Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hiring taxi or driver/guide to drive 2 persons from Vicenza

Hello

I suggest that you contact Treviso car service, who if they are able to assist, will promptly provide a quote. Plus, if your plan is outside their geographical area, I am confident that they would be able to recommend another service.

Either way, once you have a quote you will be able to assess it against your budget.

We have used Treviso car service several times, including customised days, and found them reliable, flexible and good value for money.

By the way, private transport is a good idea for some villas as they are a bit off the beaten track plus many are not open on Mondays (and some other days).

Here is their email - tvcarservice@gmail.com

2. Re: hiring taxi or driver/guide to drive 2 persons from Vicenza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2013