We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vicenza

columbus, ga
1 post
Save Topic
vicenza

what is there to see in vicenza. I will be there in November for ten days.

Piazza dei Signori
Historic Walking Areas, Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Basilica Palladiana
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Sites
uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vicenza

Vicenza has wonderful shops! It has a beautiful piazza where you can sit and drink your cappicino as you watch the world go by. It also has the oldest indoor theatre in the world. Or so I was told! It's very small but worth a visit if you can get there! It is quite stunning. It has a tower which you can go inside, and if you climb to the top you will be rewarded with a fantastic view! It's a very pretty and charming town and you will enjoy it! I only spent a day there but would love to go back and have more time...lucky you!

Level Contributor
227 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vicenza

Bassano del Grappa is a lovely nmedieval town to visit, about a 40 min drive from Vicenza. The hotel Ca' Sette is excellent, and there are a lot of wine bars and great shopping!

Have fun

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,446 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vicenza

We spent a week near Vicenza last summer (so, different weather!) Vicenza itself we liked a lot, and we also did day trips to Venice and Verona. Other excursions combined countryside and small towns, for instance saw Bassano del Grappa, which is an attractive place and also nearby Asolo (beautiful).

There are several of the most famous villas (Palladio and co) near Bassano too. The problem with the villas is that they have very limited opening hours (often a couple of hours one day a week!). Get up-to-date info from Vicenza tourist office.

Quite by chance we discovered that there were three villas in Costozza di Longare, a few miles south of Vicenza. We visited the gardens of one, peered through the gates at the adjoining one and ate, very well, in the third (restaurant is called Aeolia as it is in Villa Eolia) .

Another trip we enjoyed a lot was to Padua, then through the Euganean Hills to the trio of Monselice, Este and Montagna (walled town).

En route to Vicenza at the beginning we had stopped off at Mantua (Mantova) and visited the Ducal Palace. This turned out to be possibly the high spot of the stay in Italy, perhaps partly because so unexpected. Second biggest palace in Italy (after Vatican), it's vast and full of treasures. Although very different styles it reminded us of the Alhambra and impressed us nearly as much (which is really saying something!).

NEAR TO VENICE ITALY
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: vicenza

Hello at You !

Vicenza is a beautiful city with many masterpiece of the famous architect Andrea Palladio, and in 10 days You can see many beautiful and arts city near to Vicenza: Venezia, Padua, Verona and remember that many little places of interest You can visit with the car Bassano del Grappa, Castelfranco Veneto, Asolo, Cittadella, Marostica, the wonderful Brenta River with many Venetian Villas.

I can give You many information if You want because I live and like this my very beautiful region.

Best regards to You .

new orleans la
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vicenza

any suggestions on restaurant in or near vicenza area. i will be there for 4 days mid october. any suggestions also on things that i should not miss while visiting there. thanks for any help.

Trieste
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: vicenza

Dear ivi.adri,

Thank you very much for the interesting information and your willingness to provide further information. As a local, I would like to consult with you on weekend activity (24-26 September) in your region that combines sight-seeing with active elements (such as tracking, river rafting etc).

I thank you in advance for your tips.

Yours,

Amitai

vicenza, italy
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vicenza

hello iv adari i just got here to vicenza and will be staioned here for about three years i would like as much information on vicenza as i possible can get. where to go what to do and things of that nature. im trying to learn the language and could possible use help if possible. im an american and a gentleman in case u are wondering. im not looking to try to pick up anyone i just need help on getting around site seeing and learning more of the language. i have stated taken some clases on the italian language but im having a very difficul time learning it and picking it up. i have found that learning russain, korean, and philippino or tagalog was a lot easier to pick up and speak than italian. i can speak very little spanish and they say if u can speak any spanish then italian is no problema. but i found that not to be true. i hope that maybe u can help me out some. thank you. cowboy_up1230

kks
London
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: vicenza

Message for ivi.adri - I will be visiting Veneto area once again in a few weeks. My travel plans are to go to Nove (pottery shopping of course!) then to visit Asolo, Basssano, Mariostica, & the wine road before going on to Venice. I am looking for a cute quaint hotel somewhere in or around these towns. Could you help me out> Do you know of any other wonderful walled cities/towns to visit? A hotel in the walled city? Just trying to get more information before I go.

thanks a million.

KK