We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera confusion!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Opera confusion!

Having sent myself crazy reading all the reports on TA about the Verona Opera experience, I now can't decide what to do and wonder if anyone has thoughts; I'm going in August this year, staying in Bardolino:

1. Unnumbered stone steps, or more expensive seats with backs on (lot of reviews say the numbered seats are more cramped?)

2. Book online in advance to ensure seats, or leave it til we get there so we can see the weather forecast?

3.Does anyone know, if you book online at geticket.it, do they email you your tickets or do you have to pay for them to be couriered? It's much cheaper booking direct than with the tour operator but I can understand why people do as it saves the hassle I guess.

4. Carmen or Turandot?!

Any other tips? We're planning on getting the bus there and back.

Many thanks :)

Colors of Italy - Private Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Verona Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Free Walking Tour Verona
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Play the City
Scavenger Hunts, Sightseeing Tours
Carlisle
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Opera confusion!

We booked tickets on line with get ticket. We then got a pdf which has all the booking codes etc and the all important bar code. After one or two initial problems with their web site I managed to get the right tickets for the right nights for two of us. We have opted for the stone steps....will get the cushions to sit on tho. And queue early to get a good position. This is the advice I have received from friends who have been. I believe the atmosphere while queing is not dissimilar to the queing for Wimbledon! We are going this coming Monday, cannot wait.

Good luck!!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Opera confusion!

Thanks Jigger, do let us know how you get on, enjoy!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
19 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Opera confusion!

Hi,

If we would opt to buy the tickets to the Opera in Verona itself and right before the show, where could we buy the tickets? Is there an office in the arena itself? We have never been to an opera in an arena. Thank you in advance.

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Opera confusion!

Hi,

yes, there is a box office, which is easily seen and located in Piazza Bra'. There are always people selling tickets as well, for face value, sometimes less. I remember quite a few years ago getting a ticket at face value just 30 mins. before a gala show for Jose Carreras, only time I ever saw him sing! Enjoy! J

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
112 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Opera confusion!

i bought tickets the other day for august 12th,14th, the booking fee is 4-50 euro , the fee for collecting tickets is 3 euro . on the site geticket.ie it tells one to bring the printed tickets to the box or ticket office an hour before the opera starts where they scan them and issue real tickets. the cost to have them sent by courier to dublin was 36 euro according to the booking site. it said somewhere that when you book tickets on a cc to have the card with you for verification if asked. there is a huge difference between the most expensive unnumbered seat and the cheapeast seat, there is also a discount for over 65s. i think you would be very unlucky to be washed out in august,. we have been there in august twice before and had no rain problems. incidentally on the previous occasions we were there we went on package tours,, this time we booked our own flights hotel etc and it worked out at less than half the price of the packages available from ireland. carmen or turandot for me carmen by the smallest of margins.

Edited: 10:55 am, June 05, 2015
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
19 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Opera confusion!

Thank you very much for your tips.

17. Re: Opera confusion!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 06, 2016