We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona B&B location

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
Verona B&B location

I arrive in Verona on 1st Sept by train and have booked B&B Il Geco at via Marchi 6 Borgo Roma. It says that the B&B is 3.5 kms from Train station Porta Nuova and it's supposed to be near a bus stop. I plan to go to by bus (traveling with backpack only) and would like to know which bus line goes to this B&B from the train station, and where do I get off. Are city buses running frequently? I can't find info online on public transport. I need to have easy access to the train station as I plan to do day trips to Milan, Venice etc. from Verona as my base. I would prefer a hotel walking distance to train station but they all seem to cost a fortune for the 5 days I'll be in Verona. Is there a tourist info at the station?

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona B&B location

Good day from Canavese area, sorry my english.

Look here if you find solution.

…verona.it/flex/…607

I think that B&B that you reserv if you ask, are able to answer you!

If not, can you write a mail at ATV they are so kindly to aswer. A time I call them and give me all info.

The bus stop is in the square exit the train station.

I don't know..but ....for 3.5 km the B&B don't have a possibility to came and take you? When you arrived and also when you live?

Hope you find solution good vacation

Romina

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona B&B location

Can you look Linea 22 here the info.

Direzione Policlinico

Direzione Parona

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona B&B location

As mentioned above, I would contact your B & B for the bus number that you could use from the train station to their location. City buses are plentiful but they don't run as frequently at night. There is no tourist info at the train station. The nearest TI is just within the walls and Piazza Bra (Via Degli Alpini, 9 (P.zza Bra)

This website has some good info about Verona. http://www.tourism.verona.it/en

good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Verona B&B location

Thanks, Romina and caffe-esp. I emailed the B-B and awaiting reply. It looks like Bus 22 is the one that goes to that address. I think I can confirm this at the bus station when I buy the ticket, and to ask about the nearest bus stop. I'll also email ATV for help. Is the Verona Card a good value to have? I understand that it covers bus fares too.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verona B&B location

the Verona card no longer covers local transportation : ( It is a good deal if you are planning to visit several of the sights/museums.

There is an ATV office at the train station where you can buy bus tickets, there is also a daily pass that costs 4.00 euro for unlimited rides until midnight, must be validated everytime you use it.

when you are out and about you can also buy bus tickets at newspaper stands and tabaccheria. It is very important that you validate your ticket once you get on the bus. Look for a small yellow machine in which you insert your ticket which in turn will stamp it with the day and time. You can board the bus in the front or the very back. You will find the validation machines in the front and the back of the bus.

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verona B&B location

:) Prego!

Hope they answer for time.

Good vacation

Romina

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Verona B&B location

Answer I got says that from train station to take Bus 41, 51, 510 and tell the driver to stop at Via Benedetti/Via Scoderlando which is 200 meters to B-B Il Geco. I arrive around 5:00 p.m.Saturday at Porta Nuova from Innsbruck. I hope there's no problem finding the right bus and getting to my B-B. My first time in Italy and I'm not familiar with way things work there. Would there be taxis late at night from the Centro if I happen to attend an opera or maybe hanging out in some bars? Is the city relatively safe at night?

Settimo Rottaro...
Level Contributor
638 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verona B&B location

Good day,

My boyfriend that live at Verona, say that when there is a Opera, near at the Arena, there is a Taxi, police and also bar open.

The city near the centre and the Arena, is relatively safe by nigth.

:) Good Vacation

Romina

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Verona B&B location

Thanks Romina. I checked the bus schedules and it looks like on Saturdays, Sundays & holidays there's reduced bus service. I arrive on a Saturday evening and it doesn't look good my chances of finding available bus service. I don't know, maybe I'll just take a taxi instead. I wonder how much the taxis charge.

10. Re: Verona B&B location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 14, 2014