We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying verona opera tickets

Prince Albert...
11 posts
Save Topic
buying verona opera tickets

We looked on the Verona Arena site to buy opera tickets.

The site lists their official ticket sellers, all of which have only phone numbers (mostly in Italy)

There are online ticket sellers, which are not sanctioned by Verona opera, but we're a little leery of them.

How has anyone else handled this problem?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: buying verona opera tickets

Thanks very much.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,708 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: buying verona opera tickets

Update: I found this page, which explains how to get the tickets for people with a physical handicap:

arena.it/en-US/information/spectators.html…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: buying verona opera tickets

Thanks, I had found that page, but when I try the telephone number it just rings--there is no answer. And I have called when it is mid-afternoon in Italy, today I called at 15:45. I have written to the email address you gave me, perhaps I will get a response.

Do you know whether the opera performances sell out, and more particularly, by when I should buy a ticket to a performance at the end of July?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,708 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: buying verona opera tickets

I'm not sure that very many of them completely sell out, but I know the best seats often sell out. I would order tickets as soon as you're pretty sure of the date.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
29 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: buying verona opera tickets

We are interested in going to one of the operas this season, as we will be in Verona during August. Having never been there before can anyone advise which would be the best area to sit in, bearing in mind that we do not want to pay a fortune for the tickets. In other words value for money.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,708 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: buying verona opera tickets

I would advise not getting anything that doesn't have numbered seats. For the cheapest seats, it's a mad rush to get the best places, and people line up hours beforehand to get in first. I would also not advise anything very far around to the sides.

The "gradinata numerata" seats are on the stone steps, but you have a reserved place to sit. You might want to bring along a cushion to sit on, though. The seats with "Poltrona" in the name are actual seats. I would prefer a central gradinata numerata to a poltrona around on the side.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
29 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: buying verona opera tickets

Many thanks for that information.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
29 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: buying verona opera tickets

We are away for 3 months and therefore don't intend taking "dressy" clothes, only smart casual. What is the standard of dress necessary to attend an opera.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,708 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: buying verona opera tickets

Absolutely no need to dress up for the Verona opera.

20. Re: buying verona opera tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Verona