We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

b&b alla cattedrale, verona

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
b&b alla cattedrale, verona

Does anybody know of b&b alla cattedrale in Verona?

We are planning on spending 4 nights in Verona in July and came across this place in an old newspaper article. It seems very reasonably priced (compared to the alternatives, many of which are unavailable for at least one night of our stay). All that's worrying us is that there's no mention of the place in tripadvisor reviews - perhaps there are just so many b&bs in Verona that they not all will be listed. Anyway, was just interested if anybody might know of it?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
734 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

i can not be helpfull, sorry.

Here n the city we have so many B&Bs that every day opens a new one, and due t o the very poor control form the county and police, many of them are fake B&B.

By law has to be the house of the owner and host... he has to live there with his family and rent a maximum of 3 rooms to the guests.

If you'll find there a different situation, please inform the URP office located inside the toursitic board/info office near the Arena.

Try some other if not sure... many of them have special offers for long stay (more than 2 nights)...

Consider also that price and quality often (but not always) walk together... ;)

Edited: 1:25 pm, May 30, 2012
dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

Thanks for the reply. Well, if we end up staying there I will certainly write a report on it.

Ashford
Level Contributor
31 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

Hi think we've read the same newspaper article. We have decided to take a chance and have made a reservation for June. Our email correspondence with the owner has been good, so we hope the accomodation is too.

dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

Let us know how you get on because we are staying there in July...

Ashford
Level Contributor
31 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

message in your in-box!

uk
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

Hi stayed there for 3 nights august 2012 - highly recommend to anyone else. This is actually a 2 bed apartment with 2 bathrooms and lounge (no kitchen). The land lady lives on the top 2 floors of what is a 5 floor old block in via duomo. The B&B element is below the landlady. No air con so hot in high summer as we found - but this is a great find and if I go again I will no doubt stay here. owner designs costumes for the theatre and here husband was an architect - accordingly the flt is furnished with interesting items both modern and antique. i'll be leaving a fuller report in my trip blog

dublin
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

Having stayed here for 4 nights just recently we felt it represented very good value. We (a couple) had a living room with separate bedroom and bathroom, so obviously one doesn't have to rent out the complete 2 bed apartment. As mentioned above it is an impressive old building that has been designed to a unique taste; and, yes, the one thing to be aware of is that there is no air-con so it does get very warm in summer (there are a couple of fans which help).

It is 5 minutes from Piazza delle Erbe, and 10/15 minutes from Piazza Bra and the Roman amphitheatre.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

We stayed there a week ago and had a nightmare experience. The owner mistakenly booked four of us in the two room apartment. The second room is tiny - only big enough to contain two (very old) single beds for kids - and cluttered. The owner refused to admit she'd made a mistake despite us showing the email we'd sent her and was extremely frosty when we asked for a discount. The other room is beautiful, her late husband was an architect, but the trip was ruined by the poor service and staying in a room that would only be just about suitable for kids if the beds were replaced and the room was no longer used as a storage space.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

does anyone have an email address for this B&B as the one on their website has been sent back undelivered! I am hoping to book for this October.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: b&b alla cattedrale, verona

We stayed there this September, there were four of us, we rented both rooms. My sister and her husband on the 3 rd floor, adjacent to a dining room where we had breakfast while we stayed on the 2 nd in a huge bedroom with an adjacent library. We really wished we had stayed at least two nights. We felt very fortunate to stay there. The building is really impressive, the location is fantastic to visit historic Verona close to many piazza, restaurant, the river etc. They really let you stay in their things, so it's like staying in a friend's house. As we arrived separety with dealt with the two ladies, I with the daughter and my sister dealt with Isabella the owner. We both had pleasant experiences. My sister told me that Isabella is a real classy lady. I appreciated that they both spoke french and english. And of course, italian. Go without hesistation.