We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona and Lake Garda

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
227 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Verona and Lake Garda

Hi I am going to Verona and Lake Garda (the Trentino and Veneto- north and east side) next week. Do you have any really really nice hotels to recommend? ( especially outside Verona)

Thanks a lot

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
332 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

I've been to different places at the lake in the past. A very nice place in Torbole is Hotel Lido Blu http://www.lidoblu.it/) and in Torri del Benaco is hotel Gardesana (http://www.hotel-gardesana.com/index_eng.htm)

Two totally different places but I both like them.

Sergio

Level Contributor
227 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

Thanks Sergio-

will have a look when I go - if you think of any others, just type them in any time!

ciao

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
332 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

I know another nice place, but it not in the area where you are planning to go. In Padenghe near Desenzano (south-west towards Brescia) there is a place called West Garda Hotel which is very nice. It is not on the beach but the rooms are great and there is a very nice garden with swimming pool. the web site is www.westgardahotel.com

Sergio

Level Contributor
227 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

I'll keep it in mind for next time. I'm not crossing the lake this time.

Do you know that place Serego Alighieri ?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

I haven't stayed in this one myself but have heard very good reports of the Hotel Regina Adelaide in Garda town. Very good location too.

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

For Serego Alighieri (the descendants of the poet Dante) look here:

http://www.seregoalighieri.it/

Nice place and excellent wines

Ciao

Francesco

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

We're going to be traveling by train to Verona and I'd like to go to Lake Garda at least for a day, because it looks so beautiful in the pictures I've seen. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get from Verona to Lake Garda? do we need a car? and lastly, if we were to just take a day trip, where should be go on the lake?

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
332 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

Zuman,

the southern part of the lake is very close to Verona and reachable by train in 20 minutes. But you can only reach Peschiera and Desenzano by train and from there it will be very difficult to move somewhere else. The lake is too big to just walk from one place to another. You can take a bus from Verona bus station but again in one day you won't see much. Driving to the lake is the best solution but, of course, the most expensive one as well. I like the northern part of the lake becasue it is more peaceful. Torri, Malcesine, Torbole, Riva... I love these places, but if you don't want to go that far you can certainly stop in Bardolino and Lazise, very lively places in summertime.

Sirmione is very nice too.

Sergio

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Verona and Lake Garda

Verona, thanks for the info ....