We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

Hi there:

This is my first time in the Verona area. I will be flying into the Valerio Catullo Airport from London and need to catch a train the same day to Bolzano from Verona Porta Nuova.

What is the easiest and fastest way to get from the Verona Airport to the Porta Nuova station?

Should I buy the train tickets online or is it easy enough to buy them at the station for my trip to Bolzano?

Thanks for the help and any tips!

Verona, Italy
Destination Expert
for Verona
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

Shuttle bus:

…verona.it/flex/…90

To Bolzano, now, the regional (slower and cheaper) trains are operated by Trenitalia, and you can buy tickets online.

The faster trains are operated by a joint venture of the Austrian And German railways. If I remember well, you can buy them online or onboard.

Ciao

Fancesco

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

You can buy Regional tickets online on http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html - but only seven days in advance (and for no discount) which is why you have to use a date this week if you want to see the price. Advance purchase is pointless.

Times of the faster (and twice as expensive) international trains do not appear on the trenitalia website, but are available on reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en… where tickets can be bought and printed off at home.

Edited: 7:49 pm, April 06, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

This is great information - it will save us a couple hours!

I'm assuming the faster trains leave from the same station in Verona - please let me know if that's not true.

Now I can book on trenitalia to Verona and on to Bolzano on a train that doesn't stop 19 places!

Thank you Effeti and perilizia

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

Grazie Mille!

Whats the website for booking the fast trains to Bolzano?

Do the fast trains also leave from Porta Nuova and stop at Bolzano?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
8,988 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

Checkout www.oebb.at for Austrian Rail and www.bahn.de for german rail. Although both countries co-operate on rail services and information etc the majority of intercity services are operated by Die Bahn. Easier to use www.bahn.de for ticketing/online ticket services as some services on www.oebb.at are restricted to Austrian residents only.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,857 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

1. There is no train from verona airport. You need ot catch the shuttle bus into town. Info/timetable on the airport website (where else?).

2. Tickets for Austrian/German EuroCity trains can be bought on line (early bird discounts available) on the websites provided, or on board the train at the 'regular' price (higher than Trenitalia regional trains). Trenitalia ticket offices do NOT sell these tickets.

7. Re: Airport then Train Verona - Bolzano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Verona