We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Dolomite Road from Verona

Which Verona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
474 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Great Dolomite Road from Verona

Would it be possible to leave Verona in the morning, drive the Great Dolomite Road, maybe get out and trek a little bit, and get into Venice by evening? I haven't got a good map of this area yet, so thanks for any help.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Dolomite Road from Verona

Having some experience of Alpine roads it seems to me the answer to this will be no especially not if you want to trek too. Why don't you stay somewhere in the Dolomites one night?The area is so beautiful and the mountains so different from most other ranges (incl. rest of the Alps) you shuld savour them a bit more.

venice
Level Contributor
276 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Dolomite Road from Verona

Leave Verona early in the morning, then drive to Ortisei, Passo Sella, Passo Pordoi, Arabba, Belluno, Venice.

This drive take about 5/6 hours.

When you are in Passo Pordoi you can trek the "Viel del Pan", with fantastic views on the Marmolada, the highest peak of the Dolomites.

Another suggestion for your trekking, but only if you have a good physical fitness: from Passo Pordoi take the cable railway to Sass Pordoi, then trek to the top of Piz Boè, (altitude more than 10.000 ft) the highest peak of the famous Sella Group.

Write me if you need more info at: massatour@libero.it

Hope this helps.