We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Venezia

Houston, Texas
11 posts
2 days in Venezia

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Greece and Italy for my honeymoon.

My last stop is Venezia. As I am new, I would need your help to come up with my itinerary.

Please share ideas and best itinerary for my 1.5 days in Venezia. I will be staying in San Polo

Here are the details I have so far.

Day 1 - Come in by train from Florence. Most likely by sometime before noon I should arrive.

Day 2 -

Day 3 - Fly out early morning from airport at 9am.

Please share any advice on getting to airport early morning on last day.

Also, please share any advice on taking a train from Florence to Venice.

Thank you in advance!

New York
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
978 reviews
1. Re: 2 days in Venezia

I'm copy pasting my response to another questioner in a similar circumstance as it fits here as well: "TripAdvisor does a fine job under each city/village name of things to do, dining and where to stay: with pictures, ratings by popularity, and much feedback detail".

It appears many new to this site may not be aware of its vast library of easily accessed and helpfully organized information.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
50,415 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: 2 days in Venezia

You are in Venice a short while, but still worth getting a Guide book, to see what will interest you,

Options of getting to the Airport, if going back to the States you will need a 3 hour check in,

A water Taxi is expensive at €110+ that time of day, A bus from Piazzale Roma take approx 25 minutes,

they start at 04.35 so would suit,, you do not say where in San Polo you are staying but Vaporetti run 24/7 to get to piazzale Roma,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
19,461 posts
126 reviews
3. Re: 2 days in Venezia

Definitely obtain a guide book and read it carefully to check on what interests you most. In such a short visit you will not be able to see everything and will have to be strong-willed and omit a great deal. I like the guide books published by DK, Time Out and Knopf. All contain useful street maps - not the best - but convenient to carry around and essential to have a good street map as all too easy to get lost in a tangle of medieval streets.

From Florence take an express train from either of the two companies operating on that line to Venice Santa Lucia station and NOT to Mestre. The Ferrovia water bus landing stage is immediately in front of the station on the banks of the Grand Canal. From there water bus lines go to all parts of Venice and some of the islands in the lagoon. The San Polo sestiere is a little way down the Grand Canal on the right-hand bank so which landing stage to leave the water bus depends on precisely where you are staying.

To reach Marco polo the cheap way is to take a water bus to Piazzale Roma and there take either the No 5 ACTV scheduled bus or the ATVO airport coach. The fast and also expensive way is to take a private water taxi from your Hotel direct to marco polo but the cost is c.110 euros for the launch. journey take c. 25 minutes

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
565 reviews
4. Re: 2 days in Venezia

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! If you search this forum, there are multiple posts about short visits to Venice, including one or two days. Save lots of time for just hanging out.

5. Re: 2 days in Venezia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 13, 2017