We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Wildner

england
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Wildner

Cant get in touch with the wildner to book for

March!!! On the website it says that it re-opens

in February, but would have thought they were

still taking bookings. Does anyone know anything?

Has anyone made a booking?

Best Seller
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,627 Reviews
from $79.70*
$86.80
Best Seller
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,677 Reviews
from $53.50*
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Wildner

Some Hotels close in January and the staff go way on holiday so may well be nobody around at the Wildner

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,627 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Wildner

I believe this hotel is closed for restoration, from Nov.20th '06 to

the 6th of Febuary '07, so try after then you sould get through,

God's 1/2 acre
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Wildner

berries,

We booked the Wildner for March thru Venere this month.

Regards

Martha

england
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Wildner

Thanks everyone. I want to book direct so I can get

lagoon facing room. I'll wait til Feb 6 and see.

Thanks.

God's 1/2 acre
Level Contributor
849 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Wildner

berries,

FYI

You don't have to wait to book the room with a view...

Go to Venere and choose the Wildner.

You have a choice of "lagoon view" OR "non-lagoon view".

(Of course there IS a different in the room rate.)

You also can send additional requests with the booking request.

There is no charge to your credit card until check out.

regards

Martha

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Wildner

I had this problem with the Wildner two years in a row. They are not very responsive (even outside of their "holiday" time when they are closed) and they don't seem to care very much about their service levels. I was not at all impressed and just took my business (happily) elsewhere.

Our friends stayed at a hotel just down the way (sorry -forget the name) for a "lagoon" view.. and were very disappointed. We live in California and it is basically the same ocean views we've experienced many a time because there's none of "Venice" in front of you...just water. This may be enough for you, but for the price they paid they were very disappointed (though I don't know what they were thinking...)

We selected a lovely B&B along the Grand Canal with a view over the canal and to the lovely Venetian buildings on the other side. ON the top floor we overlooked the tops of the Venice skyline and really felt like we were in true Venice. This is a view we could not get at home and when our friends saw it, they were in awe and realized that this is really the experience they wanted.

I thought I'd share this with you in case this is what you had in mind also. The Wildner will have a lovely ocean view, but not a really Venetian water view. You might consider researching hotels along the Canal, but away from San Marco (touristy) area to have the Venetian view and be right in the real centre of Venice. I personally enjoyed San Polo and many will recommend Dorsoduro as excellent areas.

My hotel was the Ca' Angeli B&B - rated #2 here on TA. See the reviews and the user photos (it is truly that incredibly gorgeous, I promise!) and the service, style, accommodation and location were perfect. We were incredibly pleased and paid less than the Wildner was asking and half the price of our friends' other hotel.

Go to their website for info and reservations. www.caangeli.it

Good luck! LL

7. Re: Hotel Wildner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 21, 2009