We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Can anyone tell me after I land at Marco Polo where to find the Alilaguna Boat to Piazzale Roma? Thanks!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

here's Oltrex phone number (they answer betwenne 9AM and 6PM Venice time) 39 (04) 1541 6869

Kent UK
Level Contributor
174 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

To vvmca6.

The price you quote of 35 euros per person is only cheap if you are alone. The standard asking price of 80 euros is for the gondola with, officially at least up, to 6 people.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Hi OrpingtonT,

I don't understand. Are you saying that Oltrex Viaggi run the standard water taxis which cost 80 euros in total, but theirs can be pre-booked from home through Expedia (with a package) and (hopefully) direct from Oltrex at a lower cost, on the basis that five other people fill the water taxi?

Are you saying that normally it would cost the pre-paid cheaper price and you would share your taxi with one or two couples but if you are unlucky and the only one on board they would charge you the full 80 euros?

I thought this was a separate pre-bookable offer, not the standard water taxis ...

Also, has anyone found a way of faxing or e-mailing Oltrex? The e-mail i found failed, and I'd rather not ring Italy if I can avoid it. Thanks.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Sorry, just realised OrpingtonT was referring to gondola trips, not transfers.

As I read the Expedia gondola offer, it was based on sharing with a couple of strangers. It had a get-out clause if there weren't enough of you, though I guess that rarely happens in Venice ...

If anyone knows more about the Oltrex transfer I'd be grateful - I think the price quoted in dollars comes to around 22 Euros, so well worth an extra half an hour in Venice.

Thanks.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

I used Oltrex 3 weeks ago and I paid 44 CAN$ (27,50 euros at the current rate). It was bought through Expedia when I booked my air fares and I wasn't disappointed. The taxi was there where I got to the dock, it took half the time the Alilaguna takes.

NC_USA
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

I am coming to Venice in July and I am confused about the price and availabillity of water taxis to hotel near C'da'Oro on the grand Canal. Is it best to book ahead for best price? Any help is appreciated!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,483 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

WRBatts - the cheapest way to go if you're landing at Marco Polo airport is to take the shuttle bus number 5. I think the best way to go is the Alilaguna boat. It costs 10 Euros and there's nothing like seeing Venice for the first time by water. There is an Alilaguna boat leaving every 30 minutes from the airport. Check them out at www.alilaguna.it

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

To make a long story short I didn't feel like waiting for the Alilaguna when coming to Venice, that's why I booked the Oltrex water taxi through Expedia. Now that I went to Venice, I can assure I will use the Alilaguna next time since my hotel should be close to San Marco. 10 euros is cheaper than 44 CAN$. Of cours if wifie decides for the water taxi, we will use the water taxi (iT,s only 30 minutes compared to 1h15 for the Alilaguna)