We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Can anyone tell me after I land at Marco Polo where to find the Alilaguna Boat to Piazzale Roma? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
27 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Follow the signs, it is very easy to find. You must hop on a shuttle bus that brings you to the docks where the boats are parked.

venice
Level Contributor
276 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

The Alilaguna boat does NOT go to Piazzale Roma !

From the Marco Polo airport to Piazzale Roma just take the ACTV bus number 5 or the ATVO bus.

The busses are just in front of the arrivals terminal.

Mentioned in this post
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
27 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Marco Polo Airport
Marco Polo Airport
Venice, Italy
Kent UK
Level Contributor
174 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

If you are determined to arrive in Venice by water (and who can blame you) the Alilugana goes to San Marco and you can catch a Vaporetto from there to P. Roma, though not advised if you have a load of luggage!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Vaporetto
Vaporetto
4,921 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,983 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Where are you heading for? The two Alilaguna routes serve Murano. the Lido, San Marco the Zattere but not Piazzale Roma. Check which route goes to which landing stage on www.alilaguna.com. The boats are cheap - 10 euros - take a long time given that they go to Murano and the Lido first.

If you are going to a Hotel in Venice then a water taxi - book in the arrivals hall at Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia - is by far the most convenient but not the cheapest - c. euro 80

If you are going on from Piazzale Roma to somewehere outside Venice then the ATVO or ACTV busses from Marco Polo take you direct to Piazzale Roma for your onward journey. More convenient but by no means as romantic as a water taxi. My wife and I, being after all these years still romantic I suppose, always pay out for a private water taxi to our Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Lido
Lido
1,753 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
27 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

If you get to the airport between 10AM and 6PM you could book in advance a water taxi at a lot less than 80 euros. I booked through Expedia.ca from Oltrex Viaggi at 44 CAN$ (35 US$). And it"s a 30 minutes ride instead of one hour like the Allilaguna . There are 5 stops for that taxi and one of them is Piazzale Roma. If you go for this option, you pay for it in advance, you get a voucher that you have to print and before leaving make sure you confirm your reservation over the phone (they speak English). Someone is waiting for you at the airport, they deive you in a bus to the dock and that's it.

Mentioned in this post
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
27 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

Thanks, everyone. I think I got mixed up with Alilaguna to Piazzale Roma...I meant San Zaccaria. I have figured out which boat line to take and it sounds like I just have to follow the signs to the shuttle to take us to the boat dock, right? And I think I need to buy the tickets at the ticket booth, which I assume will be easily located? By the way, again, Dolomite, you are a lifesaver on this forum. Mille Grazie!!!

Mentioned in this post
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
27 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
45 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

How did you book the private water taxi? Did you book a whole vacation package through Expedia or just the taxi portion through Oltrex Viaggi ? I tried to look it up on Expedia, but they only show tours. Thanks.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

I booke the whole trip through Expedia (plane and hotel). And then they offered me these other options like the water taxi. I will try to check if you have access only to the water taxi. if not I'll give you the address for Oltrex Viaggi online.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

I just checked on Expedia. If you look in Activities (that's the name of the section in the French version of the site), you have some options available . Select Venice as your destination and the dates you'll be there. They have for instance gondolas rides fro 58$ Canadian per person(35 euros more or less), and that's cheap. But unfortunately the ride from from the airport to Venice in water taxi is not there. They probably offer it only when they sell plane tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marco Polo to Alilaguna Station?

I checked with Expedia UK and they said they only offer these connections as part of a package.

Has anyone booked direct through Oltrex? I tried contacting them from their website with no luck.

It sounds like a good compromise between 10 euros but slow and fast but 80 euros.