We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from airport

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bham, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from airport

I previously posted any of ideas of fairly quick transport from Marco Polo to Hotel a la commedia, someone suggested the alilaguna website and getting off at the fondamente nuove stop and then it is a short walk.

After looking at the site could someone please advise on whether it would be quicker to catch the alilaguna to san zaccaria and then a shorter walk to a la commedia hotel???

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,124 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from airport

This Hotel is near the Rialto, but would not be to much of a walk from San Marco to the hotel, San Marco is a little nearer than S. Zaccaria,

www.alilaguna.it

Austin, Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from airport

NDeen,

Wife and I have also booked this hotel. Will be watching your post for suggestions on best route to hotel from airport - other than a water taxi. In researching ourselves, we thought that a regular land bus to Pizzale Roma for 3 euros and then the vaporetti to the Rialto stop (3.5 euros for vaporetto, but we may buy 3 day pass). It looks like an inexpensive route; closest to hotel but not necessarilly the fastest - and it gets us familiar with these transportaion modes.

We would also be very interested in your comments on the hotel as this is a new hotel (you probably know that already) and there is very little available in forum feedback. We will be there Nov 4 - 7.

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,124 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from airport

Probal;y the cheapest and quickest way is to go by bus and Vaporetto, I was just adivising on the best stop for the Alilaguna, I always use the bus when going to Venice, but I do not stay in San Marco, the Vaporetto from the Piazzale Roma is € 5

Bham, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from airport

Tex1836,

I will not be going until the 17th November, so I think it could be you letting me know what the hotel is like!!! From the few comments I have heard they do seem very positive though.

Please let me know of your findings with the hotel.

Sophie,

Basically your right I am looking for the quickest mode of transport - other than a water taxi. So if the vaporetto is, then I may be inclined to go with that??

Thanks

Locarno
Level Contributor
656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from airport

A simply recap:

the cheapest way is bus + vaporetto

The quickest is by water-taxi (mind to take an official one)

Middle way: alilagunato to Fondamente Nuove or San Zaccaria (close to San Marco) but then you have to walk (not knowing the way at least 15-20 min. to Rialto).

In any case don't follow people that offer you a trip and say to be public transport, they are cheating you.

Ciao

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,124 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from airport

As Gaia says the cheapest way is Bus and Vaporetto, probably the quickest,

If you get the ATVO bus from the airport, its non-stop and takes around 25 mns cost €3, plenty of Vaporettos line 1 or 82 to the Rialto twenty minutes about, cost €5.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from airport

Hi Gaia,Just wondering what your experience is of the water taxi - with you mentioning to get an official one -do you manage to get them to stick to the official rates? how do you avoid being cheated?

Navarra

Locarno
Level Contributor
656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from airport

Hi Navarra,

to be fear as a venetian I have used the water taxi one or two times in my life, you never need them if you know the streets because with the public transport and by foot you arrive everywhere (and for us vaporetti cost 1 euro each trip).

But as in all italian cityes there are official taxi and un-official (without license), I think that the officials have a yellow mark with a number (the license) on one of the windows.

Definitely is best to use the officials but if they ask you 200 euros for the trip Airport-hotel they are cheating you.

9. Re: Travel from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 19, 2009