We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Venice
Search

Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

Puerto Rico
6 posts
Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

Can someone give me informationof how long does it take to disembark in Venice Cruise Port.

The ships Itinerary arrives at 6:45AM . How much time will I need to get out of the Cruise Port

HAVE A RISKY (11:55am) FLIGHT TO BARCELONA IN THE MORNING.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
130 reviews
253 helpful votes
1. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

My experience of disembarking is limited but I would say "How long is piece of string" It does seem to vary a great deal.

Does you flight out of Marco Polo require a 2 hour check in or a 3 hour check in. If it is across the Atlantic then probably a 3 hour check in so if you have to be at Marco Polo no later than 8.55 whilst tight, it is not impossible, A taxi from your ship docked in Stazione Marittima should take no more than 25/30 minutes at most . YOu should be able to book a taxi in advance either yourself before your leave or whilst you are on your ship approaching Stazione Marittima. I have used Coperativa Artigana radio taxi whose phone number is 041 59 64 though you may also need the international prefix. from wherever you are telephoning.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
52,488 posts
90 reviews
85 helpful votes
2. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

A very reliable Taxi service is ekiprent@tiscali.it

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
5,394 posts
255 reviews
270 helpful votes
3. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

The question can't be answered. It would be helpful to know the name of the cruiseline and the number of passengers on the ship. Also, did you pay extra for Expedited Disembarcation (or, pay for a cabin, say, Concierge Balcony [made that name up ... ]) that includes early disembarkation? The only way to get a vague idea might be to search CruiseCritic or another serious cruise site for that ship and that port. Certainly, you should pay for a premium, booked-in-advance transfer. One reason that is costly is that the payment for an unspecified amount of waiting time (which is not, after all "free" for the driver and car owner) is built-in.

Puerto Rico
6 posts
4. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

Thank you for your help.

Gladys from Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico
6 posts
5. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

Thanks you for the email.

Gladys from Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico
6 posts
6. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

Thank you for writing.

Gladys from Puerto Rico

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
166 reviews
86 helpful votes
7. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

We had an early departure by air from our cruise last year. We informed the concierge on our cruise ship and when the ship assigned departures and times to disembark, we went with the first group. We kept our luggage with us and got off the ship. We did arrange a taxi transfer and it was waiting for us. No problems!

Puerto Rico
6 posts
8. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

What time did you leave the Cruiseport.

Was the Taxis waiting for you inside the Cruise port or did you have to

walk to Piazzale Roma?

Thank you for writing.

Gladys from Puerto Rico

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
166 reviews
86 helpful votes
9. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

The taxi was waiting for us very close to the ship. We asked the cruise lines for the dock location and number before leaving home. We also gave the taxi company the name of our ship, cruise line name and ship contact number.

It is less than a 10 drive from docks to airport. Sunday morning, so little traffic. Very easy. We met the taxi at 8:00, loaded up, was at airport 10 minutes later and checked in ahead of many other passengers on bus from ship.

We had a 10:45 flight and were in business class. That helped also, but if coach, get in line.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
52,488 posts
90 reviews
85 helpful votes
10. Re: Disembarkation at Venice Cruiseport

I think it is very wishful thinking to get to the airport in 10 minutes from the cruise terminal,