We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Treviso to Venice

York
2 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Treviso to Venice

Hi,

Feel a bit of an idiot but can't seem to get through to Ryanair about getting from Treviso to Venice. Seem to remember there is a shuttle but does anyone know where you get this? Last time I went a friend met us at the airport but this time we're on our own! Am flying from Stansted on Sunday so please be quick!

Many thanks,

Maureen Elizabeth

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,420 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

This not a problem there are buses to Venice which run in conjuntion with the Ryan air flights, they go to the Piazzale Roma the terminus for land vehicles, the fare is around € 4,50.

Anglesey, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

The buss will be waiting outside of the teminal. Don"t worry.

However if you are more adventuras there is always the local bus every half hour from the roadside stop outside of terminal to downtown treviso. get off where the road opens up into boulevards outside of train station and take a local train to Venice. The cost of this is only about 3.50 euros in total.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

Yes Maureen - it could not be easier, here are a few tips;

1. When you arrive at Treviso be careful when you get to passport control and turn a sharp left back on yourself to collect any luggage. The door in front of you takes you straight outside - how stupid did we feel!

2. The busses are very well organised get your ticket from the desk in arrivals. I would advise getting a return ticket and picking up a timetable for your return. It'll save some time in the long run.

3. The busses seem to wait until everyone is ready, so don't be too worried if it all seems a bit of a crush to begin with.

4. On the return get some food before you leave Venice. Trevisso is so small and the food is not worth eating.

5. Give yourself a bus in hand for the return trip as you will be waiting along with all the other European travellers. Don't be shy push your way on the bus - as they will.

All in all it is all very well organised. The trip through the countryside is only about 40 minutes from the airport to Venice - look out for the lovely houses along the roadside.

Have a great trip!

Jackie

Twickenham, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

Hi

You've had good advice from the others but I've got another few points to add. Buses wont leave Treviso till the Ryanair plane arrives.,even if it is delayed. Single is 5euro, 9 euro return. The bus will stop at Mestre then continue to Venice- P. Le Roma water bus stop- front of station. The timetable is very handy for the return as it gives the Ryanair flight numbers it corresponds with.On return bus leaves stand D-ours went directly to the airport once it filled, there was also a 2nd bus. Last week security measures were NO liquids going through security control for flights to UK unless in hold luggage so only take enough drink for bus and wait to check in. However drinks can be purchased in departures to take onto the plane. Take something to read as the departure area is very small, only one shop and one cafe

Cambridge, MA
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

Hello....

I am going to Venice for the first time in November, flying into Treviso, and this information is incredibly helpful. Thank you all so much for your help!

One question....I am arriving on Transavia airlines. Do busses also run in conjunction with Transavia flights, as they do with RyanAir?

Thank you in advance.

Peace & Best Wishes.

Twickenham, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

Hi Dharmamonkey,

Haven't seen any info connecting Transavia flights to buses. If you look at www.atvo.it/eng/airport.php… , it gives the bus timetables which may have something near your flight times. Looks like they still got a summer timetable at the moment which could change soon.

The local experts may be able to help with other buses that stop on the road outside the airport, only a few more yards away

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

dharmamonkey

Ryan Air flights arrive at Treviso at 9.25am Mon, Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun. 2.20pm and 10pm daily except Sat when there is no 2.20pm arrival but a 5.10pm arrival. Hence there should be Ryan Air busses to meet up with these flights.

You could also go to www.ryanair.com and put in your arrival date to check the schedule.

You might find this useful too

…venezia.it/accessi/aereo_eng.asp

Which gives info on the Eurobus from Trevisio to Venice inc timetables etc.

The taxi fare from Treviso to Piazzalle Roma is about 70 euros, if I recall coreectly, when I was there in March.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
2 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

I've booked a ticket to Treviso, but i can't read anything about transfer in the ryanair papers. I can book a transfer on their site for 80 euro's!!!?

Lucky I checked this post, but its very old.

Can anyone update me if it is possible to buy a ticket at the airport or if it is included?

Else I just take the local bus, maybe more fun anyway :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,420 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

Ryanair flights have ATVO Bus connect with them to Venice, the charge for tickets is €6

for timetables www,atvo.it

Netherlands
Level Contributor
2 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Treviso to Venice

Thank you