We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you Sophie

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Thank you Sophie

Thank you for your help on which port. Do you know the name of the other port in Venice. Is the regatta been held around the 17-18 Sept ? The area that you have said would be the best for Treviso airport, how far is it into the centre of Venice. Can you suggest any good quality hotels 4* Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,856 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thank you Sophie

Oh my goodness what a lot of questions, on occasions boat dock on theon or just beyond the Riva degli Schavoni but mainly at the Stazione Marittima, sorry I do not know where the Regatta is being held, The area around Piazzale is best to stay if you arriving by bus from Treviso, from there to the centre of Venice presuming you mean the San Marco area is not far ,no where is Venice is not very big, I would suggest you get a water bus (vaporetto) line 1 which will take you the length of the Grand Canal for € 5. avery nice ride especially if you can get to seats to the front or rear of the boat,

A good hotel in the area is the Antique Figure,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,419 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thank you Sophie

The Regata Storico is usually held on the first Sunday in September which would be the 3 September this year. This takes place in the Gradn Canal and water bus traffic is interrupted.

The third Sunday in September is 17 September when the Sagra del Pesce takes place in Burano. This is a feast of fish and wine followed by a Regatta which will not affect the Grand Canal.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thank you Sophie

thanks to both of you for your help. I tried the hotel you suggested Full! so i have booked 1 night at the olimpia, hope it will be ok as it is only 3 star.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,856 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thank you Sophie

homecare

I think it will be fine, its location is near the Piazzale Roma but far enough to be peaceful, we almost always go 3 star or below in Venice,9 out 10 times ok.

Sophie

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thank you Sophie

i don't think you will be disappointed in a 3 star hotel in venice! let us know upon your return! have a wonderful time...sigh..wish I was returning!!

6. Re: Thank you Sophie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 15, 2009