We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying on Murano?

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Staying on Murano?

I would appreciate any comments on the idea of staying on Murano for our 4 or 5-day visit to Venice. Would we find it annoying/difficult to have to take the vaporetto over each day? Are there places to eat on Murano? Also, does anyone have experience with the Locanda Conterie? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,289 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying on Murano?

I think a lot depends on why you're considering doing this and the time of year. I never got to Murano but it won't be very convenient for seeing Venice. Go to actv.it which is the website that gives info on the vaparetto (water bus). It wil cost 22 euros/person for a 3 day vaparetto pass. If your're doing this to save money, I think there are better options. I think even Lido is closer and more convenient to Venice, but there are deals to be had IN Venice. There are even convents that rent out rooms.

There are evidently restuarants on Murano, some quite charming. I think there's even a quite posh hotel owned by the Cipriani group, but to see Venice, you're best staying there IMO and visiting Murano, unless you're there to learn glass making.

Mentioned in this post
Lido
Lido
1,745 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
TA
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying on Murano?

We agree and highly reccomend not to stay in murano. You should stay in venice and of course visit murano. It takes about 35-45 minutes to get from murano to venice (one direction).

The lido is not a good optiontoo because you would not be able to enjoy the unic fillinig of not having cars all around you, but water and charming canals.