We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
418 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

Venezia is all about charm and unique character (I have been there before) but for a honeymoon couple what hidden gem spot or path would you suggest...?

Grazie mille!

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,955 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

for a honeymoon couple? anywhere... the courtyard of the Scala del Bovolo, somewhere in the gardens of Sant'Elena or of the Giardini della Biennnale, the gardens of Villa Groggia, any corner of Piazza San Marco, the choice is really limitless and depends on personal preferences..

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

Sitting alone late at night - just the two of you - in the external seats at the back of a vaporetto, chugging along the Grand Canal, looking at the lights glowing dimly behind the curtains in the palazzi, and the reflections flickering on the water. Very romantic, and a whole lot cheaper than a gondola!

Edited: 5:09 am, February 10, 2014
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

Take a speed boat ride to one of the many islands - I adore Murano! The ride is exhilarating and the islands are like art museums. Watch a priceless vase blown in front of you. You won't be alone, true. But you will have a colourful time and take home priceless memories.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,456 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

A small garden area with seats looking over the Northern Lagoon, (Fond. d.Sacca S.Girolamo) so peaceful,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,954 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

if you can afford it, take a private water taxi to speed you across the lagoon for lunch at Locanda Cipriani on Torcello. If not, then you could hold hands and sit on the bench in Campo San Vio looking at the boats on the Grand Canal for free..

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
418 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

All your ideias seem great, I am writing down!

We will be in honeymoon and at the same time it will be my fiance's birthday...so special! Venezia is a dream! Thank you!

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

Actually I think he most romantic spot in Venice is the one your are in!

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Surrey
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

Very late at night in St Mark's Square.

Mentioned in this post
St. Mark's Square
St. Mark's Square
30,268 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

.......except on New Year's Eve ;-)

10. Re: The most romantic spot in Venezia is...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 13, 2015