We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Wedding 2015

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Wedding 2015

we are planning our wedding for May 2015. We are specifically looking for accomadation for around 60 guests, perferably on a self catering basis, with communal areas that we can self cater some parties, over a three day celebration.

We could cope with two / three places as long as they are near to each other and happy most areas, even one of the islands if the poperty was 'right'.

we also want to find a typical italian restaurant to host the wedding meal, but at a reasonable cost, we arent looking for the high end palace for this, more rustic, local traditional, somewhere with a bit of an atmosphere ideally

we are going for our first visit at end of jan to view options, any help would be appreciated!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,856 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Wedding 2015

Put "Wedding in Venice " on the search box on this page,, this is a often asked questions , will give you some advice

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,965 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Wedding 2015

I can't think of anywhere that has s/c accom in one block for about 60 people . I could be wrong however . There is one set of apartments but I can't remember the name ..will post back if it comes to me. Maybe look at taking an entire bed and breakfast or small hotel and see if you can do a deal with them for the length of time you need it for.

As for the evening meal - look at places on Torcello , they have character and a variety of prices. Locanda Cipriani is lovely but there are other restaurants which offer undercover but semi outdoors oprtions.

As soon as you mention wedding prices seem to triple so bear that in mind when you are looking.

Other places with character for a wedding not so rustic though are Caravella ( at the Saturnia) . Monaco and Grand Canal - the Teatro is a bit of a wow factor. The Principe Hotel on the Grand Canal further up nearer the station.

Locarno
Level Contributor
656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Wedding 2015

Not easy to accommodate 60 people in the same place in town.

It depends how much you can spend.

I would try to look at religious accommodation like the Artigianelli http://www.donorione-venezia.it/en/index.html

Or, if you can spend more, there are many Palazzi for rent, I always suggest my friend Filippo Ca' Loredan dell'Ambasciatore, I think he can hosts around 40 persons in six apartments inside the same wonderful building on the Grand Canal (and he often rents all of them for big events).

If you decide for a hotel, the Hilton Mulino Stucky surely has many solutions for you.

Tanti auguri!

4. Re: Venice Wedding 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, January 25, 2015