We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
118 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

I will be traveling to Venice with my mom (72) who is diabetic. She typically does not eat pasta so we are looking for some restaurants that serve good meals without pasta- maybe a rotisserie?

Thanks for your help

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

Last week we ate at the Osteria Enoteca San Marco that Robert mentions above. The menu is rather limited and it's not cheap but the food is good. The Locanda will provide you with excellent advice as to restaurants.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,241 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

Being diabetic does not mean you cannot enjoy a meal out, just read the restaurant menu for dishes that are ok for diabetics.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
118 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

Thanks everyone for the info!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,963 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

I love Rosticceria Gislon and have lunch there at least three times a week. The downstairs space is reserved for quick stand-up meals of everything imaginable deep-dried (meatballs, fishballs, cheese sandwiches, olives, rice balls, etc.) and also plates of food, mainly risotti and pastas. I think, and I emphasize I think, I saw a roasted chicken in a glass display but I am not sure. Restaurant upstairs may have less carbi menu though.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
19,251 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

Yes, Rosticceria Gislon does have roasted chicken.

Walpole, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

My husband is a diabetic and we had no difficulty with food choices at all when we visited Venice this summer. Many non pasta options and all were very good. Have a wonderful trip.

17. Re: Restaurant suggestions for a diabetic in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 24, 2014