We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train ticket to Turin

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Train ticket to Turin

I will be going from Venice to Turin on December 30th -- do I need to buy the ticket in advance? Will it be ok to buy the day of?

Thanks.

Turin
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train ticket to Turin

Ok but you'll pay the full price.

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,764 posts
461 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train ticket to Turin

Booking in advance is very convenient if one is very in advance (2 months before, or even more), because one can catch the best offers. But these offers sell out very soon. So, booking in advance 15 days before the journey doesn't help very much, because you're likely to found just the basic fare (for the straight connection, 56 euros).

Check the website of Trenitalia and see what is available by now. If you still find some interesting offers, you could take advantage of them (notice that they are basically no-change-no-refunds, so make sure of your schedule). If you find just the basic fare, you could just buy the ticket at the station the day of the journey for the same price.

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train ticket to Turin

Thx! All I see are basic fares but I'll keep an eye out.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train ticket to Turin

Since the tickets are quantity controlled, and vary according o the expected passenger traffic, it is possible that 30 December (a relatively busy travel time) the reduced fare tickets are no longer available for the trains you are considering. There are a few I saw for the morning trains, but nothing much later.

It is not likely that additional seats will become available at the discounted prices once they have run out.

Edited: 11:19 am, December 17, 2013
London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train ticket to Turin

Hi,

How far is it from Venice to Turin?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train ticket to Turin

As you could easily have found from maps.google.com , it is about 400 km.

7. Re: Train ticket to Turin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 19, 2014