We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

We’re looking at staying in Venice again – we’ve spent six months, on three trips previously. The planning is running horribly late, and we’re looking for an apartment for a couple of months,11th April to 11th June, or thereabouts.

We want to stay in Dorsoduro, as that’s where we feel at home. Last time, we were near San Giacomo, in Santa Croce, and while we liked the area (but how could anyone not like just about anywhere in Venice), it did not feel quite right. I’m still not sure why….

We’ve had a look at AirBnB, also VRBO, and not found anything yet. Can anyone recommend apartments or maybe other web sites that might be helpful? We are a mature couple, agile enough with stairs and need an apartment that will house just the two of us.

Hoping for a little help. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Dorsoduro
Dorsoduro
2,039 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Santa Croce
Santa Croce
101 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

Peter I know this apartment isn't in the location you want but I love it and I'm staying for the second time for 34 days starting next Friday. I stayed for a month last year.

But this will give you the website for HomeAway:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p821154

Happy hunting. And I'm looking forward to your next report.

Michelle

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,425 posts
562 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

Did you post on SlowTrav? Lots of good info from posters there. I have a few apartments bookmarked, somewhere, but do not know if they do monthly rentals. If I find them, I will come back and post the links [You lucky pup :)]

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,379 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

Many apartments will already have accepted some bookings during that period so will not be available the entire 2 months.

I tried a search on VRBO and found it would not let me enter dates for that long a period. Maybe it is limited to 58 days or something. But if I shortened the time to April 11-June 6, or April 12 to June 7, there were many that showed up. One that listed Dorsoduro in the title is # 161917, a one-bedroom apartment on the first floor near the Zattere for €2600 per month. I am sure many of the others are also located in Dorsoduro but you would have to check the individual listings.

Mentioned in this post
Dorsoduro
Dorsoduro
2,039 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Australia
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

Hi, Peter. I stayed in this apartment, just across the canal from the Carmini church, and liked it very much. Anna has a couple of other apartments in the general area, also. (She was a great landlady. )

tripadvisor.com.au/VacationRentalReview-g187…

Oh, I just remembered a friend who has an apartment in Dorsoduro, I'll contact him and see if it's available for your dates.

Edited: 5:23 pm, November 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Dorsoduro
Dorsoduro
2,039 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Furiously looking!

Newport, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

Peter,

You could try contacting Elisabetta (the owner) direct for this one: www.palazzonanibernardo.it/ENG/index.asp

We've stayed in the small Del Gondoliere apartment a number of times for between 2 weeks and a month, and if you rent it for any length of stay over a fortnight she significantly discounts it (in late 2010 I paid 750e a week for a 3 week stay).

It is also available via this agency - which has more pictures on their website (but they won't offer the same level of discount for long stays!) - here: trulyveniceapartments.com/jsptruly/…

Locarno
Level Contributor
663 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

You can also try to contact Annalisa or Daniela of www.viewsonvenice.com.

I don't know if they still have apartments available next April and May but you can try to ask which is their best price.

MInd that spring is high season and many owners prefer a weekly rental because it is more profitable.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

We have used venice-rentals.com a London agency with wonderful apartments all over Venice including Dorsoduro. All emails have received prompt replies and there have been no rental problems. The last time we stayed we used their Laguna apt. with amazing views of the lagoon looking towards San Marco.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Dorsoduro
Dorsoduro
2,039 Reviews
Venice, Italy
9. Re: Looking for an apartment - April & May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 28, 2014