We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013/14 map of Venice

UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
2013/14 map of Venice

Can anybody recommend a good street map please?

There are obviously loads out there from pennies to pounds, but some only cover certain parts while others are years out of date according to reviews.

Thanks.

PS. If anybody has one they wish to sell........?

Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,566 reviews
from $56.30*
Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
772 reviews
from $174.00*
$194.00
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,543 reviews
from $75.10*
$91.40
north carolina
Level Contributor
6,578 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

Has anyone actually seen maps of Venice published with the past ten years that anyone might consider out-of-date? I can not imagine such a thing. Except for the new bridge.

I would go to the nearest book store and buy whatever might be a convenient size.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,815 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

I would agree with roadgaurd there, I think a weather proofed one is more important like the Insight Flexmap or Rough guide,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,833 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

If I need a street map to plan an outing I always use my copy of the Touring Club of Italy's "Pianta della Citta Venezia" on a scale of 1:5000. It is detailed enough for all but the smallest little alleyways to be shown.

UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

Thanks Robert!

UK
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

Another vote for TCI maps. Great scale and more streets labelled than any other map I have used. There are two versions; the standard one covering all of Venice and the islands and a pocket-sized Centro Citta map. I use and highly recommend both.

UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

Thanks too Amante - I've ordered one this evening......

shp
Wokingham, England
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

Is the TCI guide to Venice as good as their maps? Just come across it looking for the map.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,841 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

The "out-of-date" portions I would think generally regard public transportation stops and vaporetto line/numbers. In a few weeks they will supposedly revolutionize the transport along the Grand Canal again, to make it safer and more efficient (after 12hundred years of transport in and around the islands, THIS TIME they have got it right for sure. NOT THE SLIGHTEST DOUBT ABOUT IT... and safer for tourists too), so everyone so far will be out of date, again.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,439 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

Another Like button for Heart.....

I await the reduction of queues , no more crammed boats, boats on time, ease of travel and everything connected (scuse the pun) to be wonderful.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,815 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2013/14 map of Venice

I would agree the TCI map is good,, but big and bulky not a lot of use when you are walking around Venice and get lost,