We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souvenirs in venice?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Souvenirs in venice?

Anyone know approx how much the mask cost in venice?

Or approx how much are souvenirs in general?

1. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, February 16, 2015
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

Im refrerring to the hand made ones?

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,485 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

€0,50 to €5000,00 (a cheap keychain to a full Murano glass chess set). Other souvenirs may have prices in between these two extremes, with a t-shirt or sweatshirt running €10-35, a "David" or "Venus de Milo" apron running €15-25, a wooden "Pinocchio" running from €3 to €30 depending on the size...

Masks depend on how they are intricately they are decorated and the time required. Typical masks actually made by hand in Venice can start at €15-20 for the smaller simpler ones (solid colored like black), and run to the hundreds of euros for large custom forms (animal heads, etc.) or those with precious materials (gold-leaf).

It is sort of like asking "how much does wine cost" before going to France.

Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

Thats very helpful thank you so much how can i tell the diffrence from a mask made in vence to other ones made in china etc?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

I bought mine at Ca'Macana. They are definitely hand made in Venice. They have a workshop in Venice. It's been a few years since I purchased it, but it's a full face one and cost me 34 Euro.

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

Venetians masks are an integral part of Venetian history, which should not be reduced to fake Chinese masks for 2 euro. I have written about the subject before:

…blogspot.it/2008/03/venetian-masks.html

Fintry, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

I bought masks at ca macana.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187870-…

They were about 40 euros or so each, but it was absolutely worth knowing these were authentic. The shop assistant was very helpful too. No point in going all the way to Venice to buy something made elsewhere. Same applies to glass souvenirs.

8. Re: Souvenirs in venice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 10, 2014