We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Wedding in Venice

Hello,

I am looking to get married in Venice in 2016. I know this is a while away however I am only goign to be able to go to Italy once before hand!

I am going to get married in the City Hall and we are looking for a place for our reception.

Our guests could go up to 80 people so this makes it a bit tricky!

I would ideally like it outside so a garden of some kind would be nice, or a terrace!?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,053 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Venice

You have a big selection and a huge price range...

A few hotels with terraces : Danieli, Europa and Regina, Principe, The Hilton on the Giudecca.

The Cipriani - garden and terrace.

Locanda Cipriani on Torcello , plus there are other places on Torcello that can easily cater for large numbers

The Excelsior on Lido on the terrace over looking the beach.

If somebody takes over San Clemente that is a wonderful place for a wedding.

Up to 80 you alo need to think about logistics about moving the people to the location , large boats cannot pick up from the town hall.

Having a wedding co ordinator might help ( you might already have one ) wedding events are well spoken of.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,506 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Venice

All the places Rosa recommends are very expensive even if also they are smart and have good cooking. gardens are scarce in Venice but both Linea d'Ombra and La Calcina have large floating platforms jutting out over the Giudecca Canal with fine views

To get to either you could perhaps hire a launch from ACTV and walk the short distance to the Rialto landing stage.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Venice

Hi you!

I have heard of a company which organizes low budget weddings and they take care of everything, all documents needed, hotels, celebrations etc. Have a look at http://www.veniceevents.com and maybe get in touch with the wedding planner for some information.

I hope it helps!

all the best

Salzburg
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Venice

Hey Danielle,

can suggest the same agency mentioned by Christine K, or as alternative www.puramagia.org/en... if you want to have a double check on prices ;)

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,506 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Venice

You do not say when in 2016 you plan to marry but if it is in the High Season (Easter to October) when lots of tourists are around then you would be well advised to book a long way ahead.

Two Hotels with large dining rooms and excellent views of the Grand Canal but no gardens which are not too far from the Town Hall are the Grittti Palace and the Monaco e Gran Canal.

You do not mention a budget but if cost is a factor I have found the staff at the Taverna San Trovaso on Fondamenta Priuli in Dorsoduro to be very happy to rearrange table so that large parties can sit together. But again, no garden. A good Venetian cuisine at reasonable prices.

6. Re: Wedding in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 am, February 26, 2014
7. Re: Wedding in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 27, 2015