We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel questions

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel questions

I am going to Venice in September and I have a few questions, hope someone may give us answers.

1. I will be arrived at Marco Polo airport then straight head for Ravenna. Is it better for me to go to Mestre station by airport bus?

2. If I buy travel card at the airport, do I get discount on the airport bus ticket?

3. Is the travel card being activated when I bought it or it started counting the date when I first use it. Because I am not using the travel card until I am back from Ravenna.

4. I planned to go to Aquileia from Venice, is it hard to go there by public transportation?

Thank you in advance.

Jenny

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,245 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel questions

Marco Polo airport bus to Mestre www.atvo.it

Trains to Ravenna and Aquileia www.trenitalia.com/trenitalia21.html

Train schedule is currently being updated, check later for train times and fares

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel questions

The bus discount is €2. I don't know if using the bus ticket starts your Travel Pass time or not, but for €2 I would just pay full price on the bus to Mestre, take your transport to Ravenna and only purchase the Travel Pass when you return to Venice.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,756 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel questions

The airport bus purchased with the ACTV Tourist Travel Card has the same time restrictions as the travel card itself, so the TTC starts when you validate it on the bus.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel questions

Thank you, Lynn B and I_heart_venice. I will pay the full price for airport bus and buy the travel card when I am back from Ravenna then.

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel questions

Anyone know what time the Rialto markets open and also whether vaporetti operate all night or early in the morning? We MIGHT be arriving by train at 3 a.m. and would like something to do other than hang out at the RR station or show up at a hotel that is still closed for the night.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,756 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel questions

The stands start setting up around 5:30-6am, but just the beginnings. Seafood Tuesday through Saturday, produce Monday through Saturday.

Wandering Venice is safe, and even more magical in the wee hours.

7. Re: Travel questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 pm, February 16, 2015
Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel questions

We are coming down to Venice from Frankfurt. There are two possible trains -- one via Villach arriving at 3 a.m., and that might well be Mestre. The other (preferred if we can get sears) is via Munich, arriving at a decent hour and hopefully at Santa Lucia. Grazie.

9. Re: Travel questions

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 3:24 pm, February 16, 2015
10. Re: Travel questions