We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice in early June

new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Venice in early June

We will be arriving in Venice on June 1 and I am getting a bit anxious about getting advance museum tickets to the main sites like doge's place and the academia. We do not hae much time in venice and we do not want to spend tie waiting in line. where is the best place to buy advance tickets if they are necessary and what is the best way to travel from the airport to San Zaccaria vaporetto stop. Is there a benefit to buying advance tickets for the boat ride to Venice from the airport. Please advise. Leaving for Italy this Mon.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice in early June

In my opinion it is not necessary to buy advance tickets for anything in Venice but that is just my opinion....

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,978 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice in early June

To get from the airport to San Zaccaria, take the Alilaguna Blue Line ferry. There is no advantage in buying in advance.

new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice in early June

Does anyone know of a reliable taxi service to contact if we decide to do a private taxi. Where do we purchase vaporetto tickets? Would love to hear from a destination Venice expert. Sorry about all the typos in my first post.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Cape Town
Level Contributor
380 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice in early June

dbeanie,

Go to the Venice Connected web site - all is explained and you can prepurchase vaporetto passes and Alilaguna ferry tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,736 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice in early June

No advantage of buying these on line there is no discount now,, (there is a small discount on the alilaguna]

www.alilaguna.it

For Water Taxis see http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/

Edited: 1:49 am, May 17, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice in early June

The Alilaguna blue line from Marco Polo goes to San Zaccaria, with a few stops in between. It takes about 50 minutes. It is a lovely way to enter Venice, calm, on water. It costs about 20 eoro, but don't quote me on that.

When you leave Marco Polo terminal, turn left and follow the sighs. It less than 10 minutes walk to the Alilaguna terminal. We generally use an airport baggage trolley to haul our stuff. You can buy your tickets at the Alilaguna terminal, and I have never seen a queue for tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice in early June

Thanks so much for your responses. What about museum tickets. Should I buy them them now to avoid long queues?

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice in early June

There is no reason to buy museum tickets in advance like there is in Rome and florence....the only one if you are going to do it is the secret itinerary tour....you have to buy that in advance....and you can do that online...

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice in early June

I was unable to book a private water taxi because of the Biennale di Venezia . I contacted

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/ and that is what they told me. Is this event going to cause a queuing problem? Should I reconsider buying my Alilaguna blue line ticket online because of this?

Mentioned in this post
Venice Biennale
Venice Biennale
103 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice in early June

My wife and I are doing a flying visit 29th to 31st May. We booked a shared water taxi for arrival and departure from venicelink.com for a total of 100 euro.