We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend vaporetto & airport bus schedules in Venice

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
Weekend vaporetto & airport bus schedules in Venice

I will be spending 5 nights in Venice in late October, and leave from Marco Polo airport around 10 a.m. on a Saturday. I have found the vaporetto and bus schedules on-line; am I correct in assuming that the schedules are the same on the weekend as they are during the week? I just want to make sure I get to the airport in plenty of time, so if the weekend schedules are different, it would be good to know before I get to Venice so I can plan accordingly. Thanks for any information on this topic.

1. Re: Weekend vaporetto & airport bus schedules in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:34 am, May 04, 2013
Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,810 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend vaporetto & airport bus schedules in Venice

The n°1 line up and down the Grand Canal follows a schedule reduced by half on Saturday, Sunday and holiday mornings (once every 20 minutes instead of once every ten) until about 8:30 am, so if that line were to come into play in your travel plans, make sure you calculate at least one vaporetto earlier than you expect to need.

3. Re: Weekend vaporetto & airport bus schedules in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 06, 2014