We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for One Night in November?

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for One Night in November?

Hi everyone,

We are arriving in Venice on November 9 for a Uniworld river cruise that begins on November 10. It is my understanding that the ship will be docked at San Basilio, so I looked on www.europeforvisitors.com site for hotel recommendations near there. Unfortunately, all the hotels they listed that looked perfect for our needs require a minimum two night stay.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel (comparable to Hotel San Sebastiano Garden) near San Basilio that allows a one night stay? I will be traveling with my 74 year old mother, who has mobility issues and can't manage many stairs or very long walks, so that narrows things down a bit more.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,799 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for One Night in November?

Demand for Hotels in Venice is such that many Hotels have minimum stay requirements as you have discovered. Perhaps you could stay 2 nights which would give you more time to see the wonders of this splendid city?

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for One Night in November?

Hi Robert. Thanks for your reply. It would be great if we could stay two nights, but we used miles to book our flights and there was no availability for us to arrive a day earlier.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for One Night in November?

As the San Basilio is also a Vaporetto stop, not too important where you stay,, have a look at

www.venere.com put in the date you want and budget and see what is available

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for One Night in November?

Thanks, Sophie. I'll check it out.

Can you tell me if it is difficult to get in and out of a vaporetto or water taxi? My mom has knee issues so I'm a bit concerned about this and want to plan accordingly.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,567 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for One Night in November?

Vaporetti can be busy but it is very easy to get on and off,

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
202 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for One Night in November?

Thank you!!

7. Re: Hotel for One Night in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 13, 2014