We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

india
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

We are a family of 7 and have narrowed down on a two bedroom apartment in Venice for our 2 day stay in mid august. They however have only the common area and main bedroom air conditioned. No mention has been made about air conditioning in the second bedroom but it looks like the bedroom may have an open doorway leading into the common area and hence may receive some cool air. I am not sure if that would be enough around mid August. Any advice would be great. Btw the apartment is on the first floor and has a lift which is why it is under consideration since we have both toddlers and seniors in our group.

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

If ac is a concern you probably want to consider staying somewhere that has it in all the bedrooms. The owner can say anything about leaving doors open, but no guarantee that the other rooms will cool down to the point that is comfortable enough for you. The only way to guarantee a cool room is if it has ac in it. I personally would be miserable without ac throughout and would not take a chance of being uncomfortable for my stay.

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

I stayed in an apartment end of July last year, and only the living room had an ac unit. Leaving the bedroom doors open didn't make a difference and I spent most of my time (I won't say sleeping as the unit was noisy) on the couch, as the bedroom was boiling...

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

Very.

india
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

Thanks everyone for your input. We did manage to find an air conditioned apartment within our budget and are looking forward to spending time in Venice soon.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

We just returned from Venice and I have to say having ac made the trip very enjoyable. Knowing we could return to our cool apartments after a long day and in the noon day sun meant we could sleep better, achieve more and relax.

We also had a terrace that we enjoyed every evening after things cooled a little.

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

I just came back from Venice yesterday and it was swelteringly hot, A/C was a must. Mosquitoes weren't too bad, I got bit once in five days but then I did have my windows closed at night. Glad you found somewhere with A/C.

Edited: 11:24 am, July 17, 2013
17. Re: How important is air conditioning in Venice in mid august?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 19, 2014